the Rift

[OPEN] Between the woods and frozen lake

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

She laughs at Rikyn’s joke, though she suspects it’s not entirely a joke. He seems like he really might like trouble, though she doesn’t judge him for that particular bit of information. He is not quite like the others she’s met so far in the Basin, but then again, if everyone were sunshine and rainbows all the time, life would be pretty dull. He seems like a good kind of trouble, though, quickly excusing himself to leave them to it. Though she wouldn’t mind getting to know Rikyn, she’s admittedly glad to have some time to talk to Glasgow alone.

They do not talk about hoof tinctures and mane conditioners, as he may think. Lyanna has plenty of acquaintances with which to talk about nothing in particular, but Glasgow knows Lyanna better than the pretty smiles that constantly live on her face. Glasgow knows her heart, knows what those pretty smiles conceal. And she’s one of the only horses in Helovia she can really talk to. A thousand acquaintances and very few real friends. She knows that problem as well as Rikyn does.

He’s gone before she looks to Glasgow, adding, “How often are there unconscious unicorns in the caves around here?” laughing a bit with the question. She wonders too if they have anyone other than unicorns, given his choice of words. The Basin had opened their borders to others, but perhaps they had not changed much. She knows little of the history of this place.

Then Glas is asking the questions Lyanna doesn’t want to think about. She wants to pretend the past few weeks hadn’t happened at all, but then again, if there was anyone she could talk to, it was Glasgow. She couldn’t very well tell her herd that she wasn’t entirely sure she was equipped to lead them. “Tembovu stepped down,” she says first, letting that revelation sink in. Even if not everyone had agreed with all of Tembov’s choices, he’d led the Edge well for more years than Lyanna had lived there.

“He made me Queen. Me. I’ve lived in Helovia less time than he ruled. How am I supposed to follow him?” The words just sort of spill out, and it’s good just to have them off her chest. She doesn’t bring up that they are shy a glazier now as well, not wanting her friend to feel any guilt. She’d made the choice she needed to make for her own happiness, and that was all anyone could ask of her. Though Lyanna would have loved to stand as Queen with Glasgow on her side.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Glasgow

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
Between the woods and frozen lake - by Lyanna - 04-17-2017, 10:49 AM
RE: Between the woods and frozen lake - by Rikyn - 04-28-2017, 10:20 AM
RE: Between the woods and frozen lake - by Lyanna - 05-01-2017, 11:14 AM
RE: Between the woods and frozen lake - by Rikyn - 05-02-2017, 11:35 AM