the Rift

I Walked Your Path || Ktulu

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

The young bear cub lay draped lazily across Ktulu's back and Hototo stuck close to her side as she made the trek from the deep forest to the meadow. The snow under hoof crunched loudly, effectively destroying any effort she would have made toward being silent, but it mattered little. She was not stalking anything yet and there was no one in sight that she could see. It was not so strange to her how Frostfall put her more on edge than any other season. The lack of food left everyone hungry and on edge, ready to defend whatever little plot of food they had found for themselves. The predators were out in force hunting and taking down the weakest. She had a lot to protect between her son and her bonded. As Frostfall went on she hardly let them out of her sight.

As their journey came to an end Eytan lifted his head and looked around the snow covered meadow then slipped from his position on Ktulu's back. He landed in the snow with a soft grunt then lifted himself and shoo k the white stuff from his fur. He was getting older now, but he was still not old enough to hunt for himself, so Ktulu then moved in the direction of a few deer that were stripping bark from one of the bare trees.

The kill was quick and clean. The moment her magic had gone to work on the deer's lungs it collapsed into the snow. She was quick to cleave is head in to end its suffering as quickly as possible. Eytan then ran over and began his feast in earnest.

Ktulu did not like to kill in front of her son, but it was a matter of life and death for her young charge and she would not let him die. Hototo would find that sometimes death was inevitable and he would have to learn to cope with it, she had decided some time ago. It still did not quell her dislike of killing while he was around.

The dark mare ushered Hototo away from the reddening snow, but positioned herself where she could keep an eye on Eytan while he ate. Her head stayed up as she scraped away layers of snow for Hototo. The dark mare's eyes stopped on a dark stallion who was sharing the meadow with them. Crimson eyes narrowed and her head tilted in a fashion that allowed the light to glint off of the red tip of her horn. She would not call out to him, if he was passing through she would prefer him gone sooner rather than later.

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
I Walked Your Path || Ktulu - by Abyss - 10-31-2012, 06:01 PM
RE: I Walked Your Path || Ktulu - by Ktulu - 11-01-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: I Walked Your Path || Ktulu - by Abyss - 11-10-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: I Walked Your Path || Ktulu - by Hototo - 11-11-2012, 12:59 AM