the Rift

[OPEN] when life gives you lemons

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

i want to be wild, beautiful and free

Thea is pleased with the hello she receives from Sunjata, even if it comes in the form of a laugh and a nod. It’s more than enough for her, and she settles down slightly, trailing around near the stallion enough to be very present and not forgotten, but not so much as to be completely annoying. Or so Thea thinks, anyway, though Syrena isn’t entirely sure that her overzealous companion won’t overstep one day. Sunjata, at least, seems like a kind enough soul, so Syrena leaves Thea be with just a slight warning through their bond. Thea slinks back to Syrena for slightly longer, before drifting in between the two of them and staying put.

“Jata,” she says with a nod, committing the name to her memory. She’d gotten better about names as of late, making it a point to do her best to remember them. When she’d first come, she’d dismissed most everyone she’d met, still unaware that her powers had been lost and that these horses would become her constant companions. At the time, she’d only planned to stay for a little while before setting off to the next land, and their names, as the names of all those before them, had not been worth her time. Now though….ah, well now, things were very different.

Thea makes a strange, screeching sound when he splashes her. Syrena is pretty sure it’s supposed to be a laugh, but hydra sounds are not her most knowledgeable subject. However, the happiness that courses through her bonded makes her think she’s probably right. Thea uses the long, purple-finned tail to try and splash Jata back, creating a rather impressive little wave with the large tail. Her aim, however, might not be as impressive. Some of the water hits Syrena, not that she minds, her skin changing color where the water splashes against her.

He confesses he also likes the water, and she likes him slightly more for that. Those that can sink into the water, wings and all, do get slightly higher regard in her book. “I do not often see others out here,” she says, trying to be polite, saying without saying that she appreciates others than enjoy the sea. Yes, there was a large and pleasant lake in the oasis, but it wasn’t the same. Perhaps the sea is dangerous here, but so close to the shore, she doesn’t worry or simply can’t bring herself to care. She will always prefer the sea.

He goes on to answer her question, and it takes her a moment to remember what his job here is. They’d been promoted at the same time, if she remembers correctly, and eventually it comes back to her. Or maybe it just clicks, given his tasks, but either way she nods. “They are keeping you busier than me, then.” Not that she doesn’t have anything to do, but finding two missing horses seemed like a larger task than collecting metal. “Though I am well, and busy enough. There is talk of refortifying our borders, so I suppose that will be quite time consuming when it happens. For now, I tasked with outfitting our army, collecting metals, and the usual tasks.” She was busier than she might otherwise have been if there was another crafter, but it seemed unlikely that Zero would be showing up to help her anytime soon.

“I do hope you find your sister though,” she adds after a moment of silence. Thea continues to drift between them, one head spitting water toward Sunjata, another toward Syrena, the other three looking around for trouble. The hydra was entirely unaware of the somewhat serious turn of the conversation, for Syrena finds she does actually mean this. His sister was not quite like her sisters, but still, the bond was a similar thing. She rarely found her sisters, though she always knew where to look. They simply didn’t often show themselves, though that is likely why most think them simply creatures of myth and legend. Still, despite the differences, she can understand in some small way what he might be going through. Even if she didn’t quite know how to sympathize well.

syrena

just like the sea

@Sunjata
I'm sorry for the rambling novel...

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
when life gives you lemons - by Syrena - 04-17-2017, 11:28 AM
RE: when life gives you lemons - by Sunjata - 05-24-2017, 01:48 AM
RE: when life gives you lemons - by Syrena - 05-26-2017, 04:42 PM
RE: when life gives you lemons - by Sunjata - 05-26-2017, 05:13 PM