[PRIVATE] undo

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
[Image: debejr.jpg]
T I L N E Y

"BARTHOLOMEO"
The lonesome roar of the lion came from his pacing stance above the cliff top, his pale hooves rummaging over the mucky sea-sprayed surface. The grief and violence within slipped out the flaxen man's nostrils in a booming snort, the kind that could be heard from miles and echoed like the thwack of breaking bone off of each surrounding pine.
"Tell me it is not true--" The chestnut barked, knowing full well that he had only his own ears to listen to the cries of his throbbing mind.

Pausing upon the cliff's edge the stag watched with wide, glazed eyes as a stray shard of limestone tumbled to the water hundreds of feet beneath. The destruction that one hoof beat upon the clifftop had caused was enough to offer the doctor a plain taste of the capability of his rage and the fury the boiled beneath his sweat-sheened skin. Another stomp was given, green eyes watching over a clenched jaw as a whole boulder slid from his place, plummeting to the abyss below. The Doctor, one who had never taken liberties in unleashing his anger upon others or his surroundings before, had finally broken the lid off what was a most intoxicating drug; the kind that offered respite in destruction and demolition, the power of which came from one simple form - watching as life burned.

True anguish was unknown to the ginger stag, but grief was well known. To watch his sister leave as if he, Maude, Bart and Arah were not enough for her had sparked a coldness he had not felt in a long time.
So it was upon his brother's inevitable approach that the physician turned upon his hocks to face the other betrayer.
"Tell me it is not true!" he boomed, pale hooves taking him in a sweeping circle around the privateer "You knew she was out there... galavanting with some barbarian from the throat? OUR sister? OUR little Aelf?"  

Brittle, shaking paces took the fuming stag away from the man of the sea, a man who until now he was so incredibly proud to call his brother. After this, however, Tilney was unsure just how many siblings remained.
"I know our moral compasses do not align, brother, but I do not subscribe to your version of this world."

Hippocritical tilney is hippocritical
for @Bartholomeo set after aelf leaves. maude can come too if she wants to watch LOL @Maude

stock image l love, space

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Bartholomeo Posts: 46
World's Edge Protector atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16'2hh :: 7 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow
BARTHOLOMEO

Bartholomeo is an even-tempered man. His crew had often remarked on how reasonable he could be, always willing to listen and lend a kind ear even when the voices around him were raised in protest. He could command a herd with the merest of whispers, always remaining disarmingly calm and composed in the face of any obstacle. It's so rare for the pirate to lose his temper that his crew had often wondered if he even had one....that is, until they watched him in battle, swords waving, jaw set in a fearsome snarl, warm green eyes blazing with fire.

The stag isn't quite at that point when he hears Tilney's words - he has no swords to swing, and his snarl is marginally less feral than it could be. But those jade eyes of his - always so kind, gentle, full of laughter - are as hard as emeralds. Stricken by sadness at his sister's moving, the scimitar is in no mood to humour fools. He marches towards his brother with his muscles bunched and rippling beneath his tri-toned skin, his head flung high and his ears pinned to the half-braided, tangled mane that thrashes upon his broad neck. Oh, Tilney has got a cheek. The boulder that his brother sends crashing down to the ocean below is nothing in comparison to the bay beast that the chestnut now finds himself facing; a picture of cold, composed fury.

"Please, Gods, tell me you are kidding me. You are seriously attempting to blame me for our sister leaving us? You've always been a bit thick, Tilney, but this is bordering on the retarded." The words are surprisingly savage, spoken with venom that the pirate rarely utilises. It's odd how tones that can be so humourous and light can suddenly be so heavy, so full of disgust, contempt and a rather childish need to make his brother hurt. He'll regret this later, but right now Bart is off on his tirade and there's no force on earth that can stop him.

"What was I supposed to do? It might be news to you, Tilney, but Aelfwine is her own woman. She may be our sister, but she is not ours to control. As much as I wanted to walk over there and rip her lover's throat out, I also know that she does not belong to me and that she is entitled to do whatever the hell she wants." His eyes narrow coldly, never leaving his brother's face. "I don't subscribe to your version of the world, brother - a world where you think it's okay to control your siblings' lives and treat them like children."

He turns, glowering, his temper thoroughly roused and now unwilling to bend back into its cage. "I will miss her more than you can possibly imagine, but she is our sister and we need to respect her wishes. In other words - back the hell off and leave her alone." With that tone, with that fierce glint in his eye, it would take a brave man to disagree.

if my lungs collapse and my heart turns black
i'll give my ashes to the coast

image credits

@Tilney

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie
& I think to myself

Maude

Tiptoeing along after the men of the family, the cloaked damsel does her best to remain clandestine and silent. She hasn’t much skill, but her father isn’t taking much care to be quiet in his frustration, either. Moving when he does, using the crash and smash of the forest that her antlered father thrusts out of his way with chest and crown, the girl pauses along the fringe of the woodland when he makes his way out into the open, and out towards the cliff face.

The tear-streaked face of the girl scrunches up with her own private disgruntlement, now. Why’d he have to go out there for?! She can barely hear him over the wind, when he shrilly screams for her Uncle to answer him, and she needs to know what’s going on. This was her Auntie they were discussing, after all! If Aelfwine was in danger, be it a fledging love her sire sought to trample, or her very being, threatened by this new life she had chosen, Maude was certainly going to do something to help save her from such dastardly circumstances, especially if all her father and Uncle were going to do was bicker.

Snorting a quiet huff of irritation, she darling traipses with high knees and a proud expression around the brim of the forest, making her way nearer her sire’s pacing line, where a copse of pines reaches close enough that she can overhear, and likely not be seen or heard.

Just as she comes to a stop, Barty appears. Her sire immediately lashes out, and accuses her Uncle of being untruthful, through exclusion. Her Uncle, in turn, insults her father’s intelligence, which makes her head bolt up, and her spring green eyes becoming scowling slits of hostility. Barely managing not to drop her crown and lunge at Bartholomeo in loving retaliation for the verbal slight (they won’t keep talking then, she tells herself, she won’t learn what she needs to in order to help her dear Aunt Aelfwine), the darling clings to what Barty says next, actually finding some sense in it.

He was right, of course. Really though, when she thought about it, everyone was a bit wrong. Her father was being too protective, Barty had been far too dismissive of the potential threat of an unknown stallion, and Aelfwine had simply chosen a man over the family she had in the Edge. The only one involved, as Maude saw it, who wasn’t acting like a complete baboon was, well, her.

So, prancing out of her hiding spot, her cloak billowing behind her, she struts among the men as if she has authority to command them. Looking at her father’s forest eyes and then her Uncle’s green seas with a scowl, she snorts and stamps her hoof at them both.

"You’re both acting like...like…" Zubari, she almost yells at them, but instead waspishly dictates, "like little boys! How is calling one another names and insulting each other’s integrity helping Auntie Aelfwine, daddy, Uncle?"

Glaring at each in turn, she frowns a most severe little frown, her pale curls rippling across her shoulder where the salty breeze kisses them.

"You’re both right, so please stop knocking antlers over it," her expression softens as she requests that they stop trying to hurt one another with their words, "you should have said something, Barty. What if this guy winds up being a bad guy? I know Auntie is a grown up and she can make her own choices, but…but we can’t protect her at all from anything if you guys are too busy fighting over who knows best!"

[ OOC: ohshit tiny Arah ]

what a wonderful world

Image by Stephan Mignon@Flickr - Code by Me
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
[Image: debejr.jpg]
T I L N E Y

The words Tilney was met with was again the kind that he would not expect from his sea-legged brother, though all too quickly the stag was coming to realise that he did not quite know this man. They had been separated for three years or four, maybe more; How had their ideals drifted so far apart?
with a vicious shake of his lofty crown, the doctor expelled a violent snort from his nares when he was called thick and retarded.  Tilney was one who quite regularly doubted his own intelligence, but that of his brother also; so why his scallywag of a brother felt he could shun his brains when he had a lack of them himself was well beyond the chestnut.

The cloven hooves of the physician continued to stomp, circling before his ranting sibling who had begun on quite the tirade. Brows crossing over glazed eyes, his tail swishing with a deep and ridged agitation, Tilney grumbled with each rebuttal the painted man boomed his way. "I do not wish to control her!" he roared, allowing his left front hoof to crash to the earth with a brilliant thud. "I-"
He was interrupted-
'youre both acting like...like,..'
'little boys!'

Turning his nose in the direction of the half-sized miss who stood in the tree line, Tilney could just about feel his heart bruise and bend. "oh, Maude" He panted, striding forth as she continued her own riled speech. An angered gaze switched from his brother to his daughter, his steps soon to follow as he attempted to usher the sweet doe away from the argument. It seemed that for now, this conversation was over.
"I wished to protect her, Bartholomeo. I would shield any of you with my own life" The patriarch growled, his mind soon drifting to Bart's own child and family "Perhaps you do not understand... You have none left"

Perhaps he only wished to hurt his brother because he had wounded him, though they were the kind of words that drove a knife into his own heart. He would regret those words forever.

dw hes just having a moment
@Bartholomeo @Maude

stock image l love, space

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Bartholomeo Posts: 46
World's Edge Protector atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16'2hh :: 7 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow
BARTHOLOMEO

I do not wish to control her, exclaims Tilney. Bart raises a sardonic eyebrow. "It looks a hell of a lot like control to me, brother. Give me one good reason why you don't want her to follow her own path in life, aside from control?" Those warm green eyes of his are hardened like emeralds, his muscles flexing and tensing as rage ripples through him.

He isn't expecting Maude's arrival, and normally the sight of the girl would make him soften, fold at the seams like a piece of paper. Not now. He's too incensed, too furious at his brother's idiotic accusations. His ears remain flat as he turns to Maude, but he makes a decent attempt to keep the quaking anger out of his voice when he addresses her. "What was I supposed to say, Maude? You're not allowed to have fun, sister, because your brothers don't like it? How would you like it if your brothers stood in the way of your happiness? Aelfwine is a grown woman, yet your father is insulting her intelligence by treating her like a child incapable of making her own decisions." His gaze is stern, his breath still coming in haggard rasps of fury even as he tries to keep himself calm for his niece's sake.

His brother moves to Maude's side, and for a moment Bart thinks the argument could be ending; Tilney may be about to apologise for his stupidity, may be about to back down and leave it at that. He doesn't. Instead he speaks again, and the words are like iron barbs to the stag's ears. Perhaps you do not understand... You have none left. His ears - which had begun to lift in Maude's presence - flip backwards again, disappearing into his mane. His face twists into an ugly, apopletic snarl, his temper snapping like a thin thread. "What did you just say?" he roars. TIlney can't mean that, surely. His brother doesn't know...only Aelfwine knows the truth. Only Aelfwine knows what Bartholomeo has lost, only she knows the grief that hides behind the mask of joviality and bravado. Has she told their sibling about his dead wife and son? Surely she wouldn't....surely she knows that's his greatest secret.

And surely Tilney should know better than to use it against him?

"You bastard." The voice is eerily cold and quiet now, the calm before the storm. "You bastard, Tilney." The knife embedded in his heart twists, snaps, leaves a shred of metal inside the pulsing valves. Not a day goes by when he doesn't think about what he's lost, and not a day goes by when he doesn't hate himself for it. For his own flesh and blood to use it as a stick to beat him with....it is reprehensible. It is unforgivable.

His temper frays, snaps. He throws himself forwards, great chest seeking to slam into Tilney to try and push him away from Maude - there's enough sense left in Bart to know not to involve the poor girl in this, or to risk her getting caught in the crossfire. Fueled by rage and grief, the stallion lowers his head and seeks to stab his antlers hard into the right side of Tilney's neck, wanting to beat the other stallion into submission as punishment for what he said. No amount of physical pain will make Tilney realise the sheer weight of misery and hatred that his words inflicted upon the tri-coloured pirate, yet it will go some way towards easing the agony inside the grieving man's chest.

In his mind's eye, he doesn't see Tilney - he sees his family's killers, turned to pulp beneath the force of his hooves and sorrow.

if my lungs collapse and my heart turns black
i'll give my ashes to the coast

image credits

@Maude @Tilney