the Rift

[OPEN] [welcome!] hes a riot

Gulliver Posts: 18
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
.A.
He tossed a smile to Pip, nodding his head at his kind offer.  He really could use a good night's rest.  His mind started to wander, wondering where Pip's nest was.  Was it up a tree?  The little bird did call it a nest, but maybe it was a cute nickname, rather then a statement on its looks. "Thank you Pip.  I may take you up on that. Maybe soon you can show me around?"  He really did enjoy his time spent with the stallion.  It was amazing how he seemed to have a boyish energy to him when the pegasus was around.  He wondered if Pip had the same effect on others...

The trio had reached an oasis that broke up the sandy landscape, and immediately Gully waded into the water.  It was surprisingly cool, and it gave his aching hooves relief.  He really does have an affinity for water, and dove in the liquid at any chance he had.  He stood knee deep, taking Volterra's offer in mind, lowering his crown and lapping up the water.  It is true that this land is much hotter then where he was from, but it was just another excuse to go swimming,  The thought made him smile.  His ear swiveled towards the ebony sultan, his swallows slowing as he thought about what to say.  His life story wasn't that interesting.  Gully lifted his head, shaking the water from lips before parting them. "There really isn't that much to say about me.  I was born in a kingdom, a rather large one.  I kept myself away from the politics and armies, and spent my time instead in the company of the Wise.  They were the ones who were charged with passing down stories and our history.  Actually, other then being at home with my mother, that was really the only place I went."

His heart gave a twinge, the image of his painted mother coming to mind.  He still has yet to grieve her properly, but the mare had left her youngest with a little trinket, and Gully was proud to wear her rosary in his mane.  It was like she was still here with him, guiding him towards his goals and desires. "We spent a lot of time foraging, so I am adapt at that, but I am more academic and..well a book nerd...I have never been in a true battle, and I am not sure if I would be any good at it.  Of course where ever I can fit in, sir.  I just appreciate you willing to take a stranger in."

He offered a smile, flashing it at Volterra and Pip. Though it was like the interview of a lifetime, he wasn't nervous. All apprehensions he held during his travel to the Throat towards the leaders, Volterra was nothing like the King of the herd he was born in. That stallion was cold, and wouldn't give someone like Gully the time of day, let alone ask where he was more comfortable. He sent a silent prayer to his mother. He knew she was looking down at him, and it was like she was gently pushing him towards this place. She would approve, he just knew it.

He walks. | "He talks." | He thinks.

@Volterra @Pippigrin

Messages In This Thread
[welcome!] hes a riot - by Pippigrin - 04-18-2017, 10:38 AM
RE: [welcome!] hes a riot - by Gulliver - 04-20-2017, 10:33 PM
RE: [welcome!] hes a riot - by Pippigrin - 04-22-2017, 10:06 AM
RE: [welcome!] hes a riot - by Volterra - 04-22-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: [welcome!] hes a riot - by Gulliver - 04-23-2017, 07:00 PM
RE: [welcome!] hes a riot - by Pippigrin - 04-24-2017, 01:31 PM
RE: [welcome!] hes a riot - by Volterra - 04-24-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: [welcome!] hes a riot - by Gulliver - 04-27-2017, 10:10 AM
RE: [welcome!] hes a riot - by Pippigrin - 05-01-2017, 03:01 AM