the Rift

[OPEN] Basin blunder

Nora Posts: 52
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 3
Angel
I whittle away the day with deteriorating attempts at sleep. A night owl by force of habit, my evenings and early (before dawn) mornings are spent wide eyed and sleepless. Dreams still plague me, they never subside nor allow more than an hour or so of blissful nothingness. Because of this, my social interaction has become limited to the eagle (who bears my presence with far more patience than most.) Dozing till late afternoon (evening) avoids the crowded lanes of people visiting their habitual places of sanctuary. Occasionally, my fruitless struggles wane in favor of admiring their world as a rooted sapling would. From silent, unseen corners, I watch my fellow herd mates live, laugh…and love. Their ease of existence, their patterned and carefree life become an inspiration and envy. Before now, I’d never seen a world entirely at peace.

Those tranquil afternoons carry on…and my young, mistreated body is finally given a chance to heal those unseen lacerations that the fingers of magic couldn’t touch. Now, when I glimpse my reflection upon the glassy surface of water, the sight doesn’t highlight my insecurity and abuse. Hollowed channels have become plumper; those sunken (rib-like) crevices recoup and improve. A youthful, womanly shape begins to emerge around my midsection and hips. Malnourished sores have swelled, scabbed and fallen off. The torn (knots) in my mane and coat look healthier, shiny even. With every day, my troubled past fades a little more. Ventures into their world are extended bit by bit as my endurance and willingness increase substantially. Confidence builds like a ripple and terror submits to complacency.

----

The brilliant, burning orb surrenders power – navy darkness brings me from increasingly cramped quarters. In truth, if I gained much more weight, my den wouldn’t allow both feather and flesh to squeeze in. Though...my appetite has been ravenous of late…almost insatiable. With gentle, eager steps, I find my way down a familiar path. Ears and eyes are always watchful, but by now I’m not bothered with the commonplace noise of nocturnal creatures stirring to life. Beyond those evergreens – much like moody soldiers or shrouded towers – the whispering mountains are never far from sight. In those early days, their continuous presence reminds me of bleak, captive memories…but now…I find even the chilling evening breeze is warmer than a previous life in bondage…

A break in the trees sharpens my anticipation; a carpet of inked emerald yawns into view. Limbs quicken, hugging the road. Despite a heightened elevation, the grass is a tangy variety of spice; both sweet and refreshingly crisp. Irises spar a quick glance of the terrain for possible (imagined danger) but that is all the assurance my fussy innards would allow. My snout hits the ground as these toes glide clear of the wood. Wings resettle, loosening from their travel tucked sheath. After greedily consuming the growth of new green directly ahead – my feet start a slow crawl, mowing in a forward-thinking direction.

Voices drift in on the wind; ears perch head-most. With a mouthful of vegetation shuffling from either end, I look up to find a pair of silhouettes against the backdrop of a darkening sky. The necessity to linger like a wallflower is outdated, useless even. Yet…my courage to strike a conversation is still very thin. The handicap of language is an ever-present issue, it hinders my willingness to express and find acceptance in the ranks of this new…home. Home. I frown, mulling inwardly as these jaws work the lather of green paste downward. Home sits dumbly in the front of my mind…conflicted...though these lands have nourished me…I’ve yet to form a meaningful connection with the people who reside here. Aside from Noah.

In truth, I felt like a jagged, scratched and tarnished pebble that had fallen from the sky and landed upon a bed of polished gems.

OC: Hello! Hope ya'll don't mind me popping in! The muse is GOOD!

Messages In This Thread
Basin blunder - by Noah - 04-18-2017, 08:38 PM
RE: Basin blunder - by Akumi - 04-20-2017, 08:05 PM
RE: Basin blunder - by Noah - 04-21-2017, 04:03 PM
RE: Basin blunder - by Akumi - 04-23-2017, 12:57 PM
RE: Basin blunder - by Nora - 04-23-2017, 09:01 PM
RE: Basin blunder - by Noah - 04-24-2017, 05:08 AM
RE: Basin blunder - by Akumi - 04-27-2017, 10:25 AM
RE: Basin blunder - by Nora - 05-01-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: Basin blunder - by Noah - 05-02-2017, 10:32 PM
RE: Basin blunder - by Akumi - 05-05-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: Basin blunder - by Nora - 05-19-2017, 09:25 PM