the Rift

[PRIVATE] Y'all gon' make me lose my mind

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
Vitani the Reckless

The walk home from the Threshold is long. It seems much longer than it had been when we set off for our little adventure. That, and after using my healing magic I am a lot more tired. You shouldn't of used so much energy Sarabi pipes in softly. Victorina bounces just ahead of me, eager to get home. It's amazing to me, just how much my little girl has grown in a short time. Was this how my Momma felt about me? Not just about me, but about my older siblings too?

I wonder often, about the twins. I have never met them, as they were gone to the Basin before I was even conceived. The horn shard lays tucked against my neck under my mane. "Tori" I call to her softly. I wait till my daughter comes to me, looking at Sarabi. Help me. Gently I kneel down, letting her take the shard of the horn from my mane. She holds it firmly in her mouth, allowing me to explain. "This is the shard of a horn that my mother gave me. It belonged to the sire of my half siblings. I want you to keep it with you, so that if you ever meet them they will know you are family." Sarabi gently tucks the shard of the horn against Tori's mane.

The amulets next. Starting with the Earth and Spark ones. Sarabi does as I ask. "These are amulets. They will help keep you safe from harm. I've heard these two, tend to protect against another's magic, shattering when they do so." I focus then, filling the Sun amulet with my ability to cast a hurricane. The winds picked up but I never saw the storm fully form. Once I thought it was there, I nodded to Sarabi. She then plucked it from my mane as well. "This one has Mama's magic inside it. So I will always be there to protect you when you need it. But be careful, you can only use it once."

I stood up then, hearing another moving about. I lowered my head instead, and Sarabi took the necklace off over my head. You know I just wanna keep her safe. Right? I know. Seeing them hurt really scared you about her huh? Yeah it did... I want her to be safe if she wanders off and i'm not there to save her. We will be there,
always.
But none the less she took the necklace from me and held it gently in her mouth. "This, is special. It might look like a necklace, but when you need it to, it becomes armor. Only use it, when absolutely needed okay?"

I raise my head, hearing the movements of the other draw closer. I step up, tucking Tori in next to me. We needed to get moving again, but not until I knew if the one around us meant harm. We'll keep her safe.

"speech here"
Sarabi Talks

short quote
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by semper

Messages In This Thread
Y'all gon' make me lose my mind - by Merida - 04-19-2017, 04:51 AM
RE: Y'all gon' make me lose my mind - by Vitani - 04-19-2017, 05:36 AM
RE: Y'all gon' make me lose my mind - by Merida - 04-27-2017, 02:24 AM
RE: Y'all gon' make me lose my mind - by Vitani - 04-27-2017, 02:43 AM
RE: Y'all gon' make me lose my mind - by Merida - 04-27-2017, 02:52 AM
RE: Y'all gon' make me lose my mind - by Volterra - 04-28-2017, 03:40 PM
RE: Y'all gon' make me lose my mind - by Merida - 04-30-2017, 06:53 AM