the Rift

!! Lullaby [Open]

Noxia Posts: 10
World's Edge Mare
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 3 years (born Tallsun || Year 5)
Abba
Well, hell. Had she seen that tree before? It looked familiar. It definitely looked familiar. No. Wait. The tree next to it looked almost exactly the same. Perhaps all of the trees in this place looked familiar. Hell, they probably did and that would explain why she felt like she was going in circles. Nox, deciding that was the better option out of the possibilities before her bobbed her head in approval.

Yeah. Sweetie. Just go with your mind is playing tricks on you. It'll make you feel better in the long run. After all, when you're walking in circles sometimes it is best to pretend that you are actually accomplishing something. Something... like finding your way out of this damn place.

She let out a gentle snort, body trembling with the light breeze that blew in from between the trunks of the trees. What little grass was left on this so-called path tickled against her fetlocks and she stomped hastily to try and keep it at bay. Why wasn't she at home again? There hadn't been this many trees anywhere near her homeland the last she could recall. What, did Mother Earth randomly give them a forest as a respite for the heat? Then again... what was this heat existing for. It was supposed to be getting colder. Freezing over, snow beginning to fall. Instead the trees were blooming - the birds were chirping and rabbits were trying to find a way to trip her as she moved forward in her daze.

Oh, Nox darling. You see... you've forgotten the passage of time again. Tsk tsk. You really should stop doing that. Ahh. I see, you can't stop it. Well, at least I'll know what happened during these six months you so conveniently seemed to have forgotten...

Okay. Just keep counting the trees. She had reached tree ninety (which, for all intents and purposes was probably really only tree thirty but she still didn't quite realize that) and she still saw no exit to the endless maze. Perhaps if she marked the ground she could make sure she wasn't back tracking? The fact that the trees kept looking familiar was nagging at her brain. So, she scraped a line in the dirt near the base of one of the trees (probably the one place she'd not notice until it was far too late) and tried to keep moving forward.

Thank the Gods above! A pegasus (which doesn't intimidate me in the least, I mean it's just so cool that they even exist) seems to have come in close enough to you to be of help. Nox, darling. Please... just let her get you out of this forest and on your way to something other than this repetitive scenery I've had to watch!

Oh! Wait! A nicker. Someone's here?! Okay, she had been asking for help to find her way out in her head, but Nox truly hadn't intended to stumble across another. Oh, and definitely not one with wings. Like. Hold on. Was she dreaming? She had to be dreaming. Her mind is still stuck dealing with the fact that the mare before her has wings that she misses her name and only catches something about the "World's Edge", which for all she knew entailed her doom.

Instantly, her baby blue eyes widened in a state of panic, forelock still covering one of her orbs, and her ears twirled around to attention. Her mouth opened, but words couldn't come out - she just stood there dumbfounded and with every single muscle in her body twitching ever so slightly.

You've got to be kidding me Nox! Just freaking speak. Ask about the wings or something for the Gods' sake. I swear, you want to give me headaches sometimes, don't you...

Carefully, she shakes her head - forelock shifting ever so slightly out of her eye - before she finally reopens her mouth to speak. For Nox, it felt like years since words had truly left her mouth, and the normal lilt in her voice was missing - replaced with an almost scratchy tone at the beginning which slowly began to smooth out. "I-I. You. Wings?! We can have wings?"

Oh my goodness. So smooth, Nox. So freaking smooth. I'm facepalming right now. I hope you realize that.

She breaks for a moment and takes in a deep breath before finally speaking again. "I-I. I'm sorry. Uh. I didn't catch your name, Miss from the 'World's Edge'," she says, testing out the name of where the mare was from on her tongue and deciding that it did still seem ominous. Very ominous. "I'm - uh - You can call me Noxia, or Nox, or... whatever you want I guess..." She swallows, just barely audibly and shuffles her limbs as if how she stands would make the nerves that were always on high start to calm down. "I... I have no clue what the World's Edge is so... yeah. I'd guess that would make me new... Does... does this f-forest ever... ever end?"
Noxia
and you can't tell, I'm scared as hell
'cause I can't get you on the telephone
so just close your eyes. Well honey, here comes your lullaby
Image Credit

@Lyanna

Messages In This Thread
!! Lullaby [Open] - by Noxia - 04-19-2017, 08:34 AM
RE: !! Lullaby [Open] - by Lyanna - 04-19-2017, 08:59 AM
RE: !! Lullaby [Open] - by Noxia - 04-20-2017, 01:20 AM
RE: !! Lullaby [Open] - by Lyanna - 04-22-2017, 05:37 PM
RE: !! Lullaby [Open] - by Noxia - 04-24-2017, 09:58 PM