the Rift

[PRIVATE] I hope this can help... [ Yael]

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

Her sides were swollen with the promise of a child. It had been weeks since her little tango with Ron. The mare was not expecting to have a child, but for once she was satisfied. Her golden pelt glowed and radiated beauty. Cream hooved floated over the ground below with every perfect step of her body moving. The mare had a charm and elegance so naturally that she never had to try to be the best. Raeden was flawless... on the outside. The inner workings of her mind twisted and turned with thought and mistakes she made in her life. She left Helovia for so long. Her parents got killed, and she never said goodbye. Her sister was gone, she was a ghost of the past, and she disappeared like a specter.  Hotaru was not in the Basin; she was nowhere. Gawen vanished like his father. Maybe it was in the man's blood. No matter the case everyone who raeden grew close with always seemed to disappear. They were around long enough to become part of her heart, part of her life, and part of her love. Then in a blink of an eye, they were gone. A piece of her soul disappeared with them. Maybe she was starting to care less, maybe if she did not care about people they would not disappear. It is hard to say anymore with the way Helovia is going.

Silver-flecked orbs looked over to Tin. The deer was taking a nap like normal, but his heavy lifted to look at the specter with saddened eyes. Her companion was the only one who could understand her heartbreak, her pain, and her suffering. The world never saw this part of Raeden buried deep within. As Tin finally stood up the deer trotted over to her side to comfort the woman. For once she let the deer's touch sink into the soul. Pulling him closer with her neck, she let a sigh fall from her maw. Thank you.. Raising her pale golden skull the woman began to walk towards her hut. Come Tin we do have some work to do today

Finally the pair came to a halt at their little home. Her pointed skull looked around the wooded area. Then nodding to the deer, she sent him off to find the one they were looking for. The image of the gold colored mare with wings appeared in his mind. This mare was one Raeden only knew from passing. She never held a conversation with the woman, but she was an active part of the herd. Yael was in every day herd activity. She also excelled in her position that she held. The mare seemed always to be looking for new information, and new things to learn. Raeden respected that, and she felt that someone should say something to the mare. So she waited for Tin and Yael to show up at her little home. 

OOC:: This thread is for Yael!!! Please feel free to power play Tin finding Yael <3 

"Talk."
raeden
"I want someone with secrets that nobody, nobody, nobody knows"

image | coding

@Yael

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
The last thing Yael expects that evening is for a companion to come looking for her, let alone the companion of someone she barely knows. By now she knows most of the Edgers by sight, if not by name, and most of their companions as well - some more than others, and some not at all, of course. But the golden mare is working hard on that. With such a large herd, it can take a bit of time! Her mind seems to be constantly working in overdrive these days as she talks and interviews and is determined to remember the big, important events.

It’s all one big, interconnected story. Cause and effect. With individuals, she repeats the stories back until she has it right, putting names and personal attributes into a sort of mnemonic system of rhythm and rhyme. Some, like Amaris and Lyanna, are easy to remember. Others, with names and places as foreign as her own, are more difficult. Practice makes perfect, and these days the Sage works from dawn till dusk, memorizing and remembering so that others don’t have to. Each night is filled with fantastical dreams of her friends’ worlds as her imagination brings them to life in ways that could not be possible, as villains become twenty feet tall and love and death walk hand in hand along the pathways of her brain.

Tonight, the cerndyr finds her her with a mouthful of summer grass. “Oh, xello!” she says after chewing and swallowing. He looks awfully familiar, she thinks, but cannot immediately place him. Ah, well, it is no matter. Another bite, a swallow, and off they go. She follows the little deer until they come to a pregnant mare all by lonesome in a secluded area of the forest. Ah! Now the name comes to her! “Raeden,” Yael begins.Shalom, are you alright?” It is a silly question, and she realizes this as soon as it leaves her mouth. If something were truly wrong, the cerndyr would have sought one of the doctors, not the Sage (unless someone has told the mare she's birthed eleven children - it's enough to set any first time mother at ease). “I mean,” she tries again, “eet ees nice to finally truly meet you.”

Yael offers the similarly colored mare a kind smile, meaning every word.  

Yael

a lover of the light

@Raeden  Ack. I'm so sorry this is late x.x

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

It did not take long for Tin to find who he was looking for. Bright green eyes glowed as he saw the mare that was covered in gold. Looking to the woman, he urged her to follow. Then when she finally looked up and started walking towards him, fragile legs jumped around and skipped off in the direction of Raeden. His deep red body glowed, and the elemental markings swirled with his surroundings. Finally, after a few minutes, the pale golden specter came into sight. Her warm teal eyes looked to Tin then she finally saw the mare she was looking for. Yael emerged from the bush, and she greeted the specter almost immediately.

Silver orbs flickered with joy as the mare greets her with the enthusiasm ringing in her voice. Raeden dipped her skull as she began to speak "Yael! Yes, I am well, pregnant, but well. It is such a pleasure to finally, talk with you. The herd leads and others have talked about how active you have been in the herd. I just wanted to say thank you for all that you are doing around here." Her eyes looked to Tin as he stands next to her side. His heavy skull looked over to the mares speaking. " How have you been? I hope the herd is treating you well." she looked to Tin and nodded her pointed skull for him to go into her hut. The deer comes out with a cloak that was hanging on the wall. It was cumbersome and large for the deer to carry. The black fleece cloak folded upon his back as he walked from the hut.

Raeden turned her radiant skull towards the deer then looked back to Yael. A smile formed along the lines of Raedens maw as Tin grew closer. "I have heard that you have some issues with the colder weather. I am used to the fridged winds and tempetures of Helovia. This item will not serve me any purpose. I also stole it for the Herd. I believe it will suit you much better, and you deserve something for all your hard work ." Raeden nudged Tin forward, he took a few steps to stand in front of the Gold mare. "It is made from fleece by a Basin weaver. It should keep you warm in this coming Frost Fall. It may even add a bit of protection in spars. I hope you like it. " Her bright teal eyes looked for the mare's reaction, seeing if she would like the item or not.

OOC:: Sorry it took so long!! Raeden is gifting. This has been approved by sarah and smitty when tembovu ruled

:: [ Item: Cloak | Defensive. Medium sized fleece cloak. (stolen from Zandora). ]
:: [ Restrictions | Offers little protection in battle. ]

"Talk."
raeden

image | coding

@Yael

Unsure of what the Specter wishes to talk about, the Sage is further caught aback when it turns out to be her performance in the herd. She is speechless for a moment, only because it felt like she’d been working in the shadows for awhile, unsure if anyone appreciated the work she’d been putting in or not. Gods, it seemed to take forever to make friends here, forever for her to be able to function with grief worn as an adornment instead of ball and chains. But when she could, she threw herself into work in order to steadfastly avoid certain feelings, knowing full well that it is easier to quell a rebellious mind when one’s body is on the edge of exhaustion. Everything still hurts and her heart still lives in another, dancing with ghosts in romantic dreams, but a sense of purpose gives her some fulfillment. She rises, as she’s always done.

Yael’s mouth drops open a little bit - Tembovu had asked the same question of her last season, but their conversation had been interrupted before she could tell him the truth of her trials and tribulations. Her opinion has changed since then, of course… so she blurts out an unfiltered reply. “Eet took avile, but I am finding eet much more to my likeeng now… ah, eef I am to be ‘onest.” Starting anew is always hard, even harder with such a fall from rank, power, and grace. She has no doubt that Xelovia holds many former members of royal families, many who find adjusting to a life on the fringes rather difficult.

There is no shame, she thinks, in admitting she had troubles earlier. Everyone does. She is only mortal now, after all. “I am steel vorkeeng on some ah, personal t’ings, but am very glad to be keepeeng busy.” Anyone can relate to that, surely. Normally observant eyes hadn’t noticed her companion disappearing but here he comes again, this time bearing a decent blanket on his back. As Raeden begins to explain why the cerndyr has the cloth, Yael feels an immense twinge in her chest, a tightness that comes when her emotions rise to such great heights that it seems hard to breathe. “Oh! Xow deed you know? I xaf leeved een a desert all my life… t’is ees... “ Tears threaten to overwhelm her eyes as gratitude wells up from some neverending pool of goodwill nestled deep in her breast. “Raeden, you don’t know xow much t’is means to me, eet ees silly but…”

Gifts are so rare in Yael’s life - she always seems to be the one giving, which she doesn’t mind, but so rarely does such a little thing strike this kind of chord in her. Black-tipped wings unfurl as she steps towards the pregnant unicorn, pulling Raeden into a hug in order to stop her own babbling. It is the perfect gift. “Eet ees eksactly vhat I needed. T’ank you…”

Yael

a lover of the light

@Raeden

Teal orbs brightened as the mare spoke about how she was doing in her job. Raeden had not been able to do very much since she was bearing a foal, but she tried her best to do everything for the herd. Yael seemed like she was always working on something for the herd. Raeden listened for a moment letting a soft smile fall upon the curves of her maw. Tin waited for a few seconds to see what the woman would do about her gift. It was something that Raeden had been holding onto for a while now. The cola was doing nothing for the pair other than taking up space in their hut. Cloven hooves pranced slightly when the mare seemed to enjoy what she was receiving. His heavily antlered skull looked between the mares to see how each one would react to the other.

Yeal then goes on to speak about the gift that Raeden was giving her. Her shoulder shrugged slightly with a glowing glimmer of golden tones. "Well I had heard through the grape vine that last Frost Fall was not a very good season for you. I figured after speaking with the Queen and King this would be the perfect gift for you. I am really glad you… " Her words get cut off by the other mare pulling her into a large hug. Teal eyes widened slightly thrown off by the action, but the Specter embraced the other woman. "I am really happy you like it. I wanted to go to someone who would use and need it." Tin walked over nudging the mare’s leg. He wanted her to try it on and see how the cloak fits.

Glimmering silver eyes looked at the gold and black woman. "Please try it on and see how you like it. " Her sweet voice dripped from her maw like sugar filler honey. Tilting her opalescent horn she waited for the mare to take the cloak. "I am sorry if you have not seen me in the herd very much. I am expecting a Foal and this one seems heavier than the last. It is draining out very ounce of energy I have. It makes my stealthy job ten times harder." An air light chuckle fell from her maw as she looked back to her stomach.

OOC:: Sorry it took so long!! We need to update records now!

:: [ Item: Cloak | Defensive. Medium sized fleece cloak. (stolen from Zandora). ]
:: [ Restrictions | Offers little protection in battle. ]

"Talk."
raeden

image | coding

@Yael

Raeden doesn’t have to ask Yael twice!

Gingerly, the gilded woman takes the cloak from the ceryndr and flips it over her shoulder, tugging this way and that until the fleecey warmness sits comfortably across her shoulders and wings, closing around her chest and covering the yod on her chest. In the late summer heat, warmth is easily trapped and held beneath the wool, giving a good indication of how helpful it will be in the winter. Yael takes a step back and twirls in a little circle, still smiling from ear to ear. “Eet really ees perfect, Raeden. T’ank you!” When Yael settles, she takes a good look at Raeden’s sides and chuckles too, remembering how it felt to waddle around while pregnant.

She doesn’t miss that, per se, but she does miss the patter of tiny hooves, the ever-growing wonder at the world and how foals learn. She misses their baby smell, their innocence, and perhaps most importantly - their love. Yael can’t see herself having any more offspring, but that doesn’t mean she wouldn’t take in an orphaned youngster, or volunteer to play herd nanny. “Are you eateeng enough?” she asks, knowing that keeping up one’s energy can be difficult sometimes. “I xaf many cheeldren, actually… ees t’is your first?” She could try and answer any questions the Specter has, though childbirth is different for everyone. She offers Raeden a reassuring smile as if to say, I’m sure everything will be fine.

Yael

a lover of the light

@Raeden  
Already updated!