the Rift

[OPEN] old faces, familiar edges

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Amaris
drákos istoría

It was like a meditation, a trance, a state of being that was beyond consciousness yet still vividly aware of one's surroundings. Amaris stood, on the edge of the Edge, a dragon on the precipice, unseeing but certainly not unfeeling of everything around her. Dramyrth hummed his low song, its melody drowned out by the thundering bashing of the waves below, but the dragonmare still felt it in her heart, in her soul.

Home.

It felt good. She was content, even if she yearned to do more with herself, yearned to be more useful to the herd she so loved and felt such devotion to. She was happy, with her bondmate and her family and (the surprisingly increasing number of) friends who surrounded her, offering her not just their friendship, their comradeship, but their acceptance as well.

Perhaps it was good that she was almost an unknown entity, a new face, to this version of the Edge. It had allowed her to tell her story, her perspective of how the events unfolded, allowed her to enter with a fresh start, however tumultuous the journey to get there had been. Would the Edge even exist as it did now if all of those events triggered by her mother (and potentially her own self?) had not come to pass?

It was a philosophical question to be sure - Amaris was nothing if not good at her 'job', as simple as it seemed, she managed to make thing as challenging for herself as possible within it. Interpreting the words of the Moon Goddess, or at least providing another outlook on the discussion, was something she definitely enjoyed, it was the 'thrill' of her rank, much like sparring for a warrior or aiding others for a healer. But then, she also had numerous rank-mates at this time, never before had she known so many to be interested in the Wise One ranks. Intelligence, knowledge, wisdom and the path to these things was appealing to the dragonmare, and many others at the moment, evidently.

Insecurities plagued her, as they always did, causing her inaction, her inability to voice her desires, her concerns, except to those she trusted - and she was learning to trust more, slowly but surely.

It was a mental tug, a notification popping up in the corner of her mind, that alerted her to the pegasus approaching first. Queen, Dramyrth said as he described her, and Amaris puzzled at this a moment, wondering what another golden dragon was doing nearby, until the penny dropped and Ah, came the thought, as she opening the slits of her golden eyes to the greeting the Queen gave and viewed her in full.

Alysanne the Devoted, a face she recalled from her childhood, though she knew not anything more than that from her foggy naïve memories. Had she been a healer before she was queen, or simply a part of the masses? The dragonmare could not recall, and did not devote much time to the thought, moving easily into a graceful nod to the painted mare as she sidled up to her. A smile softened her thoughtful expression, her gaze warm and welcoming as she took a step back to accommodate the mare's bulk alongside her own. It wasn't hard to identify the pregnancy that weighed her down, and while she had wings, Amaris was concerned that if a particularly strong gust came, the pegasus might not be able to right herself should she fall over the edge in such a condition.

Children, she thought, thinking inevitably of Volterra, just another reason not to have them, she murmured mentally to her bonded, amusement behind her reflections.
"Well met, Alysanne," amiable tones spoke in a soft but deep, musical voice. "Amaris is my name," she offered, before gesturing to the dragonking who flew closer to inspect this painted creature more closely. "This showoff is Dramyrth," she explained, as he trilled a colourful dragonsong in mock offence before performing a rather perfect backflip mid-air and continuing on his aerial acrobatics exercises over the windy cliffside.

"Company would be grand," she added, genuinely meaning the words, for she longed to make friends, acquaintances, relationships, particularly within her herd - was that not what promoted the best herd unity, after all? Amaris did not wish to become her mother, always thought of as the Queen first, and Mirage second, never making more than a small number of true friends due to those who could not see past the metaphorical crown she wore atop her head.

Idly, the dragonmare wondered if Alysanne fought a similar battle, and resolved herself to see her as Alysanne first - it was, after all, what she had introduced herself as.

"The Edge has changed much since I was last here; it is comforting to see it in capable hands."
Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart

ooc:
@Alysanne
I SWEAR I GOT HALFWAY THROUGH THIS POST AND WENT TO MYSELF 'OOP STOP THE WALL OF TEXT' BUT THEN IT KEPT GOING I'M SORRY
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 04-23-2017, 03:06 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Alysanne - 05-15-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 05-17-2017, 06:54 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Aaron - 05-18-2017, 01:19 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Alysanne - 05-20-2017, 08:42 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 05-20-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Aaron - 05-23-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Alysanne - 05-23-2017, 06:27 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Sarai - 05-23-2017, 11:36 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 05-27-2017, 08:08 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Aaron - 06-01-2017, 06:11 PM