the Rift

[OPEN] old faces, familiar edges

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Amaris
drákos istoría

Dramyrth would always be introduced, for to Amaris, he was more than a companion. He was a soulmate, a bondmate, a creature in and of himself who had deigned to be linked to her in an unbreakable way. He was a dragon, a golden one at that, and though companions were often overlooked, Amaris would do all she could to prevent that from happening to him. In saying that, he was also very capable of ensuring he was never ignored, having expelled his breaths on multiple occasions to draw attention to himself previously (Amaris was grateful he did not feel the need to do so on this occasion).

Alysanne mentioned her own companion's name, which the dragonmare locked away, and threw a warning to Dramyrth not to seek him out - they didn't need the label of 'local pest' added to their names. The golden dragonking huffed mockingly, as if he would bother himself with such frivolities (though in truth, he totally would have), otherwise happily revelling in the attention bestowed upon him by the pegasus lady. The painted queen's words were cut off before the conversation could continue, and both dragon and dragonmare looked to the newest arrival(s), concern flaring.

Amaris recognised Aaron with a pang, he was one who had been there all along, an original, a Protector from forever ago, a lingering Qian member. Though they had recently reunited over the herd task of making way for the new temple, they hadn't really caught up properly - and were unlikely to today, as he brought with him the scent of another, damaged and broken, resting upon his broad back.

The dragonmare immediately wished she knew more, immediately felt severely useless, helpless, as the queen took charge of the moment and came to the conclusions that were necessary. They looked at her, and she could only look back, silent, uneducated in the workings of mares during pregnancy, knowing only that which all knew - mothers gave their young milk, mothers were not supposed to kill their young, mothers were supposed to be nurturing, loving, welcoming.
"I'll help you get her down, Aaron," Amaris offered then, indicating that the stallion should lie down as carefully as he could to lower the filly closer to the ground, whereby Amaris would then be able to help nudged and position the girl onto the soft loam (and also guard her from the nearby cliff's edge).

"Rexanna is nursing two already," the dragonmare commented, knowing from having recently met the gilded lady that her biological daughter who was still nursing needed all the care she could get, and the newest adopted addition was probably taxing enough. In a strangely intimate gesture, the dragonmare bowed her tiara to look at Alysanne's underside, to view the udders beneath, to smell the milky scent of approaching birth. "Your newborn will need milk too when it deigns to come along, but my mother nursed twins from birth; I believe your body will know to produce enough," she surmised, looking between them all, still feeling strangely useless but at least a bit more in control of the situation than before.

Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart

ooc:
@Alysanne @Aaron
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 04-23-2017, 03:06 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Alysanne - 05-15-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 05-17-2017, 06:54 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Aaron - 05-18-2017, 01:19 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Alysanne - 05-20-2017, 08:42 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 05-20-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Aaron - 05-23-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Alysanne - 05-23-2017, 06:27 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Sarai - 05-23-2017, 11:36 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Amaris - 05-27-2017, 08:08 PM
RE: old faces, familiar edges - by Aaron - 06-01-2017, 06:11 PM