the Rift

A Life Anew [Any Herd Interested]

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
“Yoru-ko? Wessex repeats, adding the last syllable to what she’s already discovered.  Normally, she would wait for either an affirmation or denial, but the stallion is already bending a knee before her, and while that sort of respect is on her bucket list, it merely makes her feel uncomfortable in that moment. Her head shakes back and forth, waving those big ‘ol spikes around as if they were weightless, and she manages to stammer out something resembling a request for him to stop. “Oh, err, no. Don’t - That’s not necessary.” Lizard eyes flick away in order to avoid embarrassment. It’s an odd bit of humility from someone who craves power, but this isn’t the sort of power she wants. It must be earned; finding a wayward, shy man in the Threshold is no great accomplishment, not when she’d stood in his place not so long ago.

That embarrassment soon turns to annoyance again, as she is met with only gestures and incomplete sentences at her questions (which are important, she thinks, for it allows her to categorize him and decide whether or not she should bring him back to the Basin). A thin line forms across her lips in displeasure, but as Yoruko does manage to eke out some sort of response, she finds herself pitying him more than anything. Well, maybe Tia could find something for him to do. Apprentice him to one of the Weavers, perhaps, for they all seem to be gentle and relatively non-threatening. “Right, well then come with me. I live not too far from here. It’s called the Aurora Basin. But I should warn you that it gets cold as fuck in the winter, so if you can’t handle that, best stay here and wait for someone else to come along.”

She has no intention of babysitting him once they get back to the herd, but maybe he’s the sort who just needs the door opened for him in order to truly blossom. Without waiting to see if the multi colored pegasus is going to follow, Wessex turns and heads in a Northwest direction, spiked tail swaying back and forth - he’d do well to keep up, or risk a prickly urging.

Ugh. What is this niceness and when will it stop? Must be time to go beat up on someone again, cause she’s clearly losing her edge.

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Yoruko  
Awww, thank you! I love her :) I can get a post up in the Basin tomorrow, or feel free to write them going there, if you feel so inclined
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
A Life Anew [Any Herd Interested] - by Yoruko - 04-23-2017, 01:36 PM
RE: A Life Anew [Any Herd Interested] - by Wessex - 04-24-2017, 08:35 AM
RE: A Life Anew [Any Herd Interested] - by Yoruko - 04-24-2017, 03:24 PM
RE: A Life Anew [Any Herd Interested] - by Wessex - 04-25-2017, 02:43 PM
RE: A Life Anew [Any Herd Interested] - by Yoruko - 04-25-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: A Life Anew [Any Herd Interested] - by Wessex - 04-27-2017, 02:27 PM
RE: A Life Anew [Any Herd Interested] - by Yoruko - 04-28-2017, 06:22 PM
RE: A Life Anew [Any Herd Interested] - by Wessex - 04-30-2017, 09:02 PM
RE: A Life Anew [Any Herd Interested] - by Yoruko - 05-01-2017, 09:29 AM