the Rift

[PRIVATE] All the beautiful and new things I'm learning about you

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Together, the two pegasi weave their way through the forest of the Edge, dry pine needles muffling their leisurely pace. Yael is absorbed in Lyanna’s story, casting an occasional glance towards the teal-pointed Doctor every now and then in an effort to determine how she might still feel about the turn of events that brought her here. If there is wistfulness or a twinge of regret or nostalgia about her old home and family, it is well hidden. Yes, the golden woman knows that trick well. It is surprisingly easy to retreat behind the mask of diplomacy and recitation once you get the hang of it, and the motherly Sage wonders if that might be what’s going on now, especially as Lyanna recounts the death of her family members and loss of her younger sister.

When her friend finishes the story, Yael takes a breath a moment to process her thoughts, summarizing the sequence of events into the most important bare bones: former princess of Morham, brother, mother, and father killed, fled with sister to Helovia, and now sister is gone. Taken under Aly’s wing as Moon Doctor… and here we are today. “Eet ees more eenteresting t’an you t’ink, Leeanna. T’ank you for your story.” A shy, but genuine smile stretches across her face as she contemplates whether or not there’s anything else she wants to know. “Ah, I t’ink I only xaf vone or two more kestyons… vhere ees Morxam een relation to Xelovia? Do you ever vant to go back?” Not just to avenge the death of her family, but to rule?

Is Lyanna made of such ambitions, or is she the type that is able to forgive and move on? Even then, forgiveness does not preclude the desire to have power. The two can easily go hand in hand… I mean… just look at Yael.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Lyanna

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
RE: All the beautiful and new things I'm learning about you - by Yael - 05-08-2017, 09:14 AM