the Rift

[OPEN] Little fish, big pond

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
Returning home from a run about the passes, the valley sprawls out and reveals the shore of the lake, towards which I’m meandering, with sweat slaked sides. The high sun adds a gloss to my dark cocoa pelt, I the only figure currently walking towards the lake at all; the rest of the herd was doing other things, and my companion, easily lured away by natural splendor, is some three to four miles down the trail, presumably still admiring the prettiness of a clearing I’d ploughed through with next to no concern.

Sure, it had been pretty, but this was Helovia. Even the things everyone called ugly weren’t so hard to look at, at the end of the day.

I’m wondering exactly what pivotal piece either of us lacks that creates this dissonance when I hear a clamorous splashing, my thoughts quickly hurled aside for the present. Not waiting to see who it is that needs saving (it could be a kid, and as I'm Lord, I suppose that also makes it my job, unfortunately, to save the idiots when they are drowning), I rush quickly towards the water, slowing down when I notice that it is the shy pegasus mare from the other day. Great, I think, recalling how easily startled she’d been, and how… volatile the man with her had been, when it came to her safety. Moving forward with less sureness than I might in the salvation of someone else, wary of her reaction, I unleash a nicker (the most feminine sound in my repertoire, and if it scares her, well, she’s just need to get tougher titties), and trot to close the distance between us.

Wading into the water, discovering a drop off and suddenly plunging a foot deeper than I’d expected, the cool feels as nice on my hot skin as it is shocking, and I unleash a small sound of surprise. Moving nearer, offering her support (if she’ll take it), I try to put my best hoof forward, and save her from drowning, even if it means, Noah, I think he was called, is gonna come thundering out of no where to knock me out for all my efforts.

"This probably isn’t the best spot to learn to swim," I remark, thinking about gesturing to a not far off bank that is an even slope of sand for about a twenty foot stretch along the shore, but refraining; its the best spot to safely get in an out, not this more rocky region, with uneven footing.

[ OOC: feel free to accept the help or kick him in the shin :'D ]

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

@Nora

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
Little fish, big pond - by Nora - 04-24-2017, 11:06 PM
RE: Little fish, big pond - by Rikyn - 04-28-2017, 11:04 AM
RE: Little fish, big pond - by Nora - 05-16-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Little fish, big pond - by Rikyn - 05-18-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: Little fish, big pond - by Nora - 06-11-2017, 01:46 PM
RE: Little fish, big pond - by Rikyn - 06-13-2017, 10:19 AM