the Rift

[OPEN] Precious Peace

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Amaris
drákos istoría

Mention of her mother stirs various emotions, reactions, within her. It was as if she was bracing for criticism, for judgement, for scorn or hatred or sheer, complete contempt - and yet she received none. Dragomir spoke with affection, with nostalgia of forgotten times, of old lores and methods and dragons and fond childhoods where the illusion of peace and safety was paramount. He spoke of Isilme, of the land where her mother bonded to her mystical golden queen dragon, of the land where she first discovered magic, where she would begin her journey as herself, and not just as the daughter of a flame and a shadow. Amaris knew all the stories well, and she supposed Dragomir did too - he had actually been there for at least some of it.

Dramyrth didn't know what to think, he didn't know whether to like the steed's assessment of him or to be jealous that Dragomir had this history with his bonded. He withheld his judgement, coasting along on his bonded's feelings of contentment combined with nostalgia, which arose after her initial expectation of harsh words. He continued to preen and otherwise be regal and outstanding, which was easy of course, being the glorious specimen that he was.

His question brought on a whole new wave of emotions however, as Amaris relived the recent turn of events. How long, indeed?

"Curiously, barely two seasons ago - it's a bit complicated," she admitted, looking over her shoulder to the fully grown dragon who stretched and showed off his physique. "I bonded with him not long after I met with my mother for the last time.. I wanted to speak with the dragons of my bloodline about him, to see my father and sister, to inform them of the events unfolding here. My journey was only supposed to take half a season at most, but when I arrived there, Dramyrth grew ill." She paused, swallowing as she prepared for the rest of her story.

"I hurried back, and upon crossing the borders into Helovia again, he awoke. It wasn't until then that I realised how much he had grown, and that the season around us were wrong. It seems that he is as bound to Helovia as he is to me - he aged almost a full two years in that time, with the rest of Helovia. I feel that so much has both changed and yet stayed the same here.."

Her words drifted off slightly, as she grew thoughtful. Then she remembered, she had wanted to give him news of her sister.

"I saw Semira while I was away, if briefly. She was well before I had to leave, though I know not what effects this 'timeslip' might have upon her ability to ever return to Helovia." It was a slightly sad comment, a realisation she had come to long ago - but Amaris had chosen, she had chosen Dramyrth, she had chosen Tandavi, and Helovia, and all that came with it.

Artelanas | whimzi
on deviantart

@Dragomir
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Precious Peace - by Dragomir - 04-26-2017, 07:39 AM
RE: Precious Peace - by Amaris - 04-27-2017, 07:48 AM
RE: Precious Peace - by Dragomir - 05-04-2017, 11:47 AM
RE: Precious Peace - by Amaris - 05-05-2017, 06:30 PM
RE: Precious Peace - by Dragomir - 06-02-2017, 10:15 AM
RE: Precious Peace - by Amaris - 06-13-2017, 09:04 PM