the Rift

[MEETING] Nothing is Certain but Change

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie
& I think to myself

Maude

Stretching from her impromptu nap, the chestnut dipped filly eagerly prances her way towards the Elephant’s call. She is in high spirits, per usual, despite the fact that it would seem most of her friends, for whatever reason, had been off on adventures without her, and that she hadn’t seen her mother in quite some time; her Auntie had also moved away, leaving her afternoons, that had been filled with feminine gossip, now devoid of much more than plants and daddy (not that she minded so much, loving both quite a lot). Ever this positive little thing, however, Maude tried her best to not let these truths bother her; what was the point of crying? She would tell herself.

It would not make them come home to her, after all, and besides, they always seemed to, eventually.

Entering the fold of her herd-mates, the little one seeks out Barty, or her daddy, having not looked for Katua or Gawen for some time, and figuring that Zubari, per usual, would stand at the back, if for no reason other than to upset King Tembovu with his aloofness and stern glares. Maude certainly did not claim to understand her friends actions anymore than she had noted them, or heard the anger in young Zubi’s voice when he discussed the relationship with his sire.

She only had two brothers, and they were not around often enough for her to feel much anger or jealousy over their place in her father’s heart at all.

Listening to the King and Queen with a well of sadness deepening in her heart, one which is highlighted by the sun, and which leaves the girl feeling quite confused, she wonders how so much sorrow can come with so much good. She felt very sad for the change of leadership, but also excited, because she loved Tembovu and Lyanna, and definitely loved her daddy most of all. So, the girl swallows down all her worry and sadness for her friends and for the herd, and, instead, looks to Lyanna, Yael, and her father with a great big, beaming smile, and nuzzles her head against her father’s shoulder with pride.

"Congratulations, everyone!" she cheerfully tells them, aiming to meet her father's eyes with citrine orbs glowing with joy for him, but more solemnly adds, to the King (whom had watched her grow, while playing with his numerous children, and, to Maude, anyway, was a very person in her life), "I always liked your speeches, Mr. Tembovu. I am glad you got to be my King."

Maybe, one day, she’d write him a song, but the middle of a meeting was not the place to compose, the child was learning. One wound up missing all the good bits of the conversation that way…

what a wonderful world

Image by Stephan Mignon@Flickr - Code by Me
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
Nothing is Certain but Change - by Tembovu - 04-26-2017, 01:59 PM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Alysanne - 04-26-2017, 02:42 PM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Lyanna - 04-26-2017, 07:32 PM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Maude - 04-27-2017, 07:37 AM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Dragomir - 04-27-2017, 07:50 AM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Amaris - 04-27-2017, 08:18 AM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Isopia - 04-27-2017, 08:53 AM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Yael - 04-27-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Sacre - 04-27-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Sansa - 04-30-2017, 06:27 AM
RE: Nothing is Certain but Change - by Aaron - 04-30-2017, 06:43 AM