the Rift

[OPEN] sign of the times [welcoming!]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
As the moment trickled by, as they inevitably did, insecurities arose within the mare. What if she had just led a malevolent soul across the lands, to her homeland? What if she had just invited an enemy, a tyrant, a monster to dwell within her family group? What if she had made a terrible, grievous error in extending her invitation and proffering all the information she held (well, perhaps not all of it) to a perfect stranger, only to be let down, led down a path of ruin, of destruction, horror, terror?

You are so dramatic, came the dry comment from her companion, as he studied his bonded's thoughts and emotions with almost a bored air. He had seemingly judged Geneva the same as Amaris' initial judgement, and not wavered - he was not naturally inclined to feeling insecurities of his own, he trusted that his view on the world around him was accurate (until proven otherwise).

It never hurts to fear complacency, she retorted softly through her bond, a bit hurt at the abruptness her own bonded shut down her feelings, but also grateful, for she knew her thoughts sometimes led her down paths of foolish reverie, inventing scenarios that would never come to pass. The dragonmare was brought back to the present moment easily, her smile never faltering, her ears pricked with anticipation.

They did not have to wait long for one of rank to make their way past, Amaris wondered how they found the time to do everything expected of them - whilst her mother was queen, she had done her best to make time for everyone in the herd, no matter how new or old a member they were, though she did not succeed at all times. Ears pricked forwards as footsteps announced a nearing body, a steed of crimson and obsidian, with a smiling face and vulpine friends at foot. Dramyrth stayed on his high perch in the skies, cooing a gentle yet somewhat cautious greeting - he was reserving judgement on these particular beings for now - circling the growing group on lazy wingbeats.

"Hello Sacre," Amaris intoned, recognising him as the new Emissary promoted at the recent herd meeting. "I am Amaris, a Philosopher of the Edge, I don't believe we've officially met," she offered kindly, a warm smile and bright eyes framing her words. "I've brought my newest friend here from the Threshold, she is interested in taking up residence within the Edge - but I'll let her tell you the rest!" she spoke happily, bowing her tiara and gesturing for the bay mare to step in and introduce herself and her intentions.

Was it a test, an examination, an assessment that the mare had to complete before being granted entrance to the herd? Perhaps, of a sort - there was no real way to fail the test, aside from perhaps attempting to murder one's tour guide or gate guardian, but it was an opportunity for the new mare to tell the Edge who she was, what she could contribute, or at least that she wanted to contribute in some way to the herd.

ooc:
@Geneva @Sacre
:D
Amaris
drákos istoría
Dagwanoenyent Stock | whimzi
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
sign of the times [welcoming!] - by Amaris - 04-27-2017, 07:11 AM
RE: sign of the times [welcoming!] - by Geneva - 04-29-2017, 10:43 PM
RE: sign of the times [welcoming!] - by Sacre - 05-01-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: sign of the times [welcoming!] - by Amaris - 05-02-2017, 06:43 AM
RE: sign of the times [welcoming!] - by Geneva - 05-11-2017, 09:19 PM