the Rift

Runaway Train [Kimber]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

R I C O C H E T - - raise your GUN and it's over

[lmao she's super cute]

Her exhales were hot and quick with her excitement. How could he help but soften in her presence, so innocent and naive, so unprepared for the hard life that was due to meet her sooner rather than later. He had been like that once - he yearned for such a time now, ached for it with every sensation in his body.

How he wished to weep, but he could do nothing but smile with her here.

Gun's hunched for a moment as the girl abruptly turned her attention to him, her mind firing like a machine gun as it skipped from one subject to another. All to soon however the dog relaxed, finding friend in her face rather than foe. Excited barks responded and eager tongue to wet her velvet nose. Plumed tail wagged heartily, joy flooding the young dog that had felt too much fear, anxiety and trepidation these past seasons. Ricochet felt for the collie.

Naturally, the moment of bliss could not be eternal. All too quickly the girl settled and her tone shifted. Gone was the happiness and the joy. Now was the hurt, the loss, the confusion. Where have you been all this time? Evangeline had asked, or rather accused, the same thing. I was trying not to die he wanted to scream at them.

A gentle sigh wavered from his scarred, burnt muzzle. He spared a glance down at Guns and the dog returned the brief meeting of their eyes. They both knew it was best not to relive that past experience, but everyone seemed to demand he bring it up.

"I had to leave to fight," he murmured, providing her nothing but the truth, if perhaps a skewed one. He had been fighting himself back then, fighting Guns and the world and dreams. Light and shadow had been the same, color and gray all similar as he wandered down an empty pathway that twisted and turned with every step. He'd been beaten into the ground and fell even further, spinning into a ring of fire.

Where had he been? You don't want to know.

He hesitated now, wondering if he should tell her he had to leave again. It would be better to let he know than lead her to believe he had just arrived and not was just departing. How he wished not to see the broken look on her features, he'd much rather lie and see the happy glow settle there. And then what, sneak away when she wasn't looking and let her splinter behind his back? Even he was not so cold.

"I am glad to see you are safe though, my Kimber. Please, keep that way, for me."

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Ink - 06-19-2012, 07:07 PM
RE: Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Kimber - 06-20-2012, 09:28 PM
RE: Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Ink - 06-25-2012, 06:57 PM
RE: Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Kimber - 06-29-2012, 04:20 AM
RE: Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Ink - 07-02-2012, 02:30 PM
RE: Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Kimber - 07-07-2012, 04:00 PM
RE: Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Ink - 07-19-2012, 06:16 PM
RE: Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Smoke - 08-10-2012, 02:58 PM