the Rift

Runaway Train [Kimber]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

R I C O C H E T - - raise your GUN and it's over

[OMG I did not see you had replied x.x; so sorry]

Her touch ignited within him a love and kindness he'd thought long absent. It ached, to have something so unfamiliar coursing through his body. For a moment he stood stiff and uncertain, nearly threatening to tumble over himself to escape such a burning touch. He remained still however, eventually melting into her weight and leaning down his muzzle to embrace her from above. As she began to speak, her words buzzing against his skin like electric kisses, he closed his eyes.

And sighed with relief.

She would be safe. Smoke would see to that. Maybe he would too, eventually...

The peaceful moment could not last long. Naturally not when he was involved. It was only ever chaos and movement with him, never serenity or standing still. His ears ticked back, seemingly trying to escape the onrush of words that Kimber spoke, words he knew would unsettle what balance he'd briefly found.

Eyes fired open in surprise. His body shuddered and it seemed to resonate against his tongue for when he spoke it was with a stammer. "She what?!" he asked, incredulous, but still Kimber spoke. "He what!?" Ricochet demanded again, hoarse this time and almost reeling. Aerwen had a son? He could not believe it, but he trusted Kimber, and yet... on top of it a son with a dragon already! Ricochet was a mixture of pride and disgust. The very word of that foul animal sent his face curling in agony. He could never bond to one now he realized with a deep sadness. It had always been a dream, a symbol of strength. And now?

He glanced down at Guns, the pup laying beside Kimber, tongue lolling in the heat.
Ricochet couldn't help but smile. He didn't need a damn dragon anyway...

He could tell Kimber felt a similar way and he hugged his chin into her side harder. "You will always find what you need when the time is right. Dragon or otherwise, my Kimber," he whispered kindly to her. There was more yet to be shared however, and so Kimber continued with a patience that surprised him. Gone was her enthusiasm now, replaced by something quieter and much, much older. He supposed foals of Isilme didn't stay young very long.

"Missing?" he could only find the voice of a whisper. Teal eyes shimmered with the reflection of a cold fear that gripped him from within. The whites slowly began to form around the color, madness pulsing with each beat of his heart. Not Aerwen, surely, she was always so talented and mighty! Did she fall as easily as that damn Gunslinger to the shadows of the past? Damn this family for being so strong yet so weak!"

He had to find her. He had to try. He was going back anyway he at least needed to see her bones if nothing more. Resisting the urge to sob like a child he settled for growling low in his throat. Gently, but surely, he stepped away from Kimber. Gone was his inner glow of kindness and warmth, or the chilly dread consuming him. Now stood an impassioned, furiously burning Ricochet. His eyes blazed as they glanced down to Kimber. He would not be swayed now, not even by her small, innocent face.

Is she really innocent anymore?

"I must go." He spoke low, as though murmuring a secret. "Kimber I must go back to Isilme. I need to see for myself. I need to find Aerwen, one way or another." He mumbled the last bit, breath shuddering with contained emotions. He could not break before this child who needed someone strong. She needed someone far stronger than he though he feared.

"Be good, Kimber." He reached down to nuzzle her forehead, lips playing at the small forelock bundled between her ears. He smiled into her hide, breathing her in one last time. Would he see her again? He hoped so.

Guns was already on his paws, seeming to sense the shift within Ricochet and the travel that change would entail.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Ink - 06-19-2012, 07:07 PM
RE: Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Kimber - 06-20-2012, 09:28 PM
RE: Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Ink - 06-25-2012, 06:57 PM
RE: Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Kimber - 06-29-2012, 04:20 AM
RE: Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Ink - 07-02-2012, 02:30 PM
RE: Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Kimber - 07-07-2012, 04:00 PM
RE: Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Ink - 07-19-2012, 06:16 PM
RE: Runaway Train [Kimber] - by Smoke - 08-10-2012, 02:58 PM