the Rift

nict-O-‘fil-E-a

Stellaluna Posts: 15
World's Edge Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 6hh :: 2 HP: 54 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven
Stellaluna...
Seconds flew by, yet the bat’s focus was anchored, captivated (a rare reaching for the dreamy, distant mind).

While the wind tossed and turned the nearly invisible ebon spew of hair along her nape, enormous, night-pupils honed in on the marvelous detail creating the giant; there was an almost ethereal quality about her, enchanting, and the breathy-like voice which softened the harsh silence only served to feed the illusion so believed. Beneath a steady, perhaps even thoughtful mask, Lyanna revealed that she hadn’t before been privy to the wonderfully magical world of Alchira - the idea of such ignorance puzzled the bat deeply (it was the air they breathed, the fantastical earth they touched!). Artful hooves shuffled there upon their timber rest, and the slim black face above skewed a little beneath to weight of confusion.

The feeling was shared too, by those gathered round - still more cherubs had emerged from their hiding to listen.

The other went on, explaining their whereabouts with an ever-kind tone. So this was Helovia! …it was a grand sounding name for an inauspicious looking, pungent 'threshold' that seemed to be (in the darkness), nothing short of desolate; as lash-rimmed eyes drew back from their unrestrained, investigative stroll yonder, the bat assured herself with a brisk puff of breath, that greater potential lay beyond the straggly old pines and the oak which shuddered and groaned in the wind all around her. If Lyanna, the feathered mythical, was any example of the secrets buried inside this foreign kingdom, she was delighted; further still eager to delve deeper into the mystery. For the moment, all thought of Ma, of Da and the return flight to the ridge, been forgotten.

“A pegasus?” she queried, tested, tasted. A pegasus! The word spread like ravenous wildfire through the gawking folk - so new, so irresistibly exciting. At that point, the finger-like structure shaping each of her wings spread apart, and with barely a beat to suggest the descent, the bat swooped swiftly down to earth.

The giant was so very much taller than she’d expected (from above, she’d seemed less, shorter in most every regard); with her slender, pulsing throat strained stiffly upwards, still the tiny creature could not grasp the whole picture of her company in one single frame. “I um…” she began to answer, finding comfort in the familiar, homely size of her friends, “…oh! I forgot... oh dear, they'll track me. Miss Lyanna, I led the mega-pack here, and they'll find me!” Fear flared through the sweet, childlike voice, though still it seemed light upon the wind, like even a brittle whistle, shrill and thin.  
"Turn on the dark,
I'm afraid of the light!"
@Lyanna
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
I like to be tagged :)
Permission for all except death
(no need to ask)

Messages In This Thread
nict-O-‘fil-E-a - by Stellaluna - 04-29-2017, 05:06 AM
RE: nict-O-‘fil-E-a - by Lyanna - 04-29-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: nict-O-‘fil-E-a - by Stellaluna - 04-29-2017, 08:04 AM
RE: nict-O-‘fil-E-a - by Lyanna - 04-29-2017, 05:49 PM