the Rift

[OPEN] Birds of a feather

Nora Posts: 52
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 3
Angel
Lush blades of wheat embrace me – their smooth lips scratch gently over these churning, painted legs. Even before I’ve come to a stop, Noah has drawn near. Irises tilt up, continuing a tradition of flustered bewilderment in regards to the concern riding on his regal, honest expression and coloring his choice of words. Velvet sensors burn at their tips...but they elevate from that downcast position and allow the beginnings of a meek smile to birth. Somehow, I find the air (while gasping) to respond agreeably, hopefully alleviating his worry, “I…” jaws work, pausing mid-breath as that throttle eases off, “good.” The butt of my snout flutters, drawing in those wonderful, honeyed scents as they drift over to us. From somewhere in those cloaks of ivy, the pale caps of ivory nectar lay. Unseen by him, the inner workings of these jaws have begun to salivate; signaling a familiar rumble in my gut. Mini me broadens her delight, welcoming the raw enticement…exploring the yearn for those exotic spices.

The cavity within my breast still throbs and without the constant thrust of wind, sweaty patches are free to develop beneath my northern coat. These arms remain drawn apart, rejecting the idea of sheathing upon moist contours. Jowls crease, giving voice to reminiscence, "Nous sommes venus ici avant..." Though this damp world is different at ground level -once the rush has been removed from my ears- I find his destination to be recognizable by the nearby downpour of weeping water. Curiosity bubbles to the surface, tracing the tangled webbing of kudzu and beyond... “Follow?” He instructs after a moment to settle.

Limbs shuffle obediently, wholly tethered by countless necessities in pursuit of the eagle. Noah doesn’t hurry, in fact – his lax pace gives me the excuse to snag mouthfuls of succulent grass. Behind us, a near silent collection of beige hinds enter the clearing, crossing in our wake. From the corner of my vision, they take off from their carefree amble, quickening into a dash! A sharp, anxious injection filters into my blood stream -- trembling ears snap rearmost while my delicate head rises, pivoting for the source. These jaws tighten around the zealous mouthful which pokes from either end. Cautious, quivering steps lean me closer to my guardsman as the shadows wane and a tawny hued stranger emerges.

“Hello,” ears flick upright, casting fear aside and curling favorably toward the plated woman. Hurried, I chew quickly and murmur with the half a mouthful still in the process of working downward, “hi.” Another outbreak of words, but none breach the bars of my invisible prison. A hazy plethora of memories slide into view; this…is the same girl from before. She’d been in the company of a dragon… An ecstatic beam surges front and center.

The dragon!

Up till now, my focus hasn’t been on the absence of magic. I dismissed the missing talents as a curse or payment for my new life when they didn’t reemerge. But...dragons are regarded as creatures of great wisdom; without a doubt, if anyone could restore me, he could. Mini me lurches forward, excitable jitters racing down her spine, ‘ask,’ she naturally assumed that the mythical creature would dispense of the barrier. Temples arch, searching that beautiful, scaled flesh and those curious webbed arms...but...no serpent of legend.

@Noah

Messages In This Thread
Birds of a feather - by Noah - 05-01-2017, 04:57 AM
RE: Birds of a feather - by Nora - 05-06-2017, 09:30 PM
RE: Birds of a feather - by Noah - 05-08-2017, 05:03 AM
RE: Birds of a feather - by Amaris - 05-09-2017, 06:53 AM
RE: Birds of a feather - by Nora - 05-21-2017, 06:52 PM
RE: Birds of a feather - by Noah - 06-05-2017, 12:50 AM
RE: Birds of a feather - by Amaris - 06-13-2017, 03:10 AM