the Rift

[OPEN] time honored traditions [FESTIVAL PREP II]

Rhodoc Posts: 24
Aurora Basin Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 4 years
felix
SHUT UP AND LET ME SEE YOUR JAZZ HANDS

Surprise, surprise... I've slept horribly again. This seems to be the trend, especially in recent, and I will continue to blame the startling crispness of the Basin nights.

But today I wake in a peculiarly good mood, even despite the fact that my muscles are achy from a on-and-off kind of sleep. I'm up and moving even before the sun spills itself over the mountains, figuring the best way to cure soreness is to walk it out. And by walking, I mean walking to the hot spring, where I'll allow myself another leisurely (but not necessarily earned) lazy day.

So I'm headed there, pleasantly lost in the mindset that I've got a relaxing few hours ahead of me, when there's a flicker of movement off to the side. I'm easily distracted by it, thrilled by the possibility that it might be someone I could soak with, and I saunter in closer for a better look. At first, I see Rikyn, his shoulders glazed in sweat. Jeez. What could he be doing that was so physically taxing this early?

I stroll right on toward him, leonine tail tossing as I part my lips for a greeting when the familiar patches of black and white steal my attention. My eyes fall on Weaver, the delicious mare who brought me to the Basin in the first place.

"You!" I say to her, grinning as I come to a stop. "I was beginning to think you were avoiding me. It's lovely to see you again, dear." I switch my purple gaze over to Rikyn, who still busies himself. I watch for a moment, ears flickering as the sun breaks over the far ridges and bathes the scene in a hazy, golden wash. The Lord's sweat gleams in the new light, and its obvious he's exerted himself way more than I ever would before sunrise. As much as I hate the idea of working, it seems only natural to offer. "Fuck, Rikyn, let us help before you pull a muscle or something."
artwork by littlewillow-art
[Image: Rhodoc_pixel1.png]
Please tag me in all posts!
Magic/violence cool whenever.

Messages In This Thread
RE: time honored traditions [FESTIVAL PREP II] - by Rhodoc - 05-01-2017, 05:08 PM