the Rift

[OPEN] time honored traditions [FESTIVAL PREP II]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
R I K Y N & D U I R

It’s not long before my morning solitude is broken. Duir returns with his antlers laden with glowing fungi, depositing them into a pile before bounding back out to get more. Only looking up from my minor glance to him because he’s nodded to someone as he left, I lift and turn my gaze to find Weaver, and her bird. Her confusion is amusing, and I smile, as I’m apt to do, unwary of wounded others (all too sensitive) with my expressions or words.

You! calls a voice, as I move my lips to answer, my mouth slowly shutting as my eyes land on Rhodoc. Not far along after him, from another place all together, comes the laughing woman (why? What did I do to you, fate?), and Oizys.

"You brought it, then?" I jokingly retort to the onyx dipped warrior mare, a sly grin flashing her way.

Wessex broodingly arrives in silence (and I’m the one who needs to figure out how to work with others?), and Ode, a man who haunts the Haruspex cave, but I don’t know very well, arrives on her tail, asking after builders.

Glad at least someone knows what’s going on, I look back at the first to inquire after my not-so-Lordly weeding duties.

"We have a Festival in the fall, here," I explain, looking from Weaver to the rest who’d asked after what we were doing, "used to be in honor of the Time God and the unicorn. Guess it’s just the Time God now… but this is where the dancers dance, and the band plays. Did you have celebrations in the Chamber? Anyway…"

Gesturing around me as I dictate tasks I can think of off-hoof, I try to project my voice for everyone to hear.

"Someone who’ll find it easy should probably go take down some small trees, or bring back larger branches. We’ll need some for the horn reading stand, and to hang lights from. Others can go find some more supple ones… I had an idea for something, considering our newest, er, herd-mates," I mean the wolves, of course, but they’ll see once we get the art project underway, "and firewood. Lots of it. The night is dark, after all, and I’m not sure Duir’ll find enough mushrooms to cut it. Oh, we’ll also need some furs and rugs from the Crafter’s Cave, piled up over by the shore. I’m sure Lena won’t mind laying them out later."

When I’m sure everyone has a task in mind, I grin and nod, setting out to gather some branches and wood, myself.

"Pile ‘em up by size, I guess," I shrug, "we’ll sort it once we start building."

And, with that, I’m off into the surrounding wood to gather festival supplies.

this is not destruction
this is your birth

image credits

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
RE: time honored traditions [FESTIVAL PREP II] - by Rikyn - 05-08-2017, 11:29 AM