the Rift

[PRIVATE] Information is key

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
volterra
He nods to Ampere's words, the frown lines in his face deepening. He hadn't thought of that - Kaos strikes him as a manipulative beast, as after all hadn't Kisamoa lulled them in with empty promises before turning against them? There's no saying the flowers haven't had some unpleasant hidden effect on his daughter, and the idea of her being inflicted with a potentially fatal disease is enough to send a shudder down his spine.

Despite the seriousness of the situation, Ampere's words of reassurance towards the girl are enough to bring the ghost of a grin to his face. Her compliment will undoubtedly make Vezer feel about ten feet tall, and he reminds himself that the spark-mare is a mother as well as a Sultana, a mother obviously used to saying the right things to her children. At the girl's argument that it would be hard to get a warrior to come with her as they're preparing for war, Volterra gently shakes his great head. "A warrior's job is not always just preparing for battle. Guarding members of their herd is another vital role that they perform, and I can say with conviction that any Throat soldier would take pride in defending a child of the herd." If they thought it beneath them or too much like hard work, then Volterra would not want them amongst his ranks anyway.

As his daughter asks to join them, Volterra hesitates for a moment. On the one hand, it would be good to have her with them to guide them towards where the flowers were found, and at least there would be enough people around to protect her this time. On the other hand, it could still be dangerous, and having to look after a filly during the patrol could detract from the rest of the party's focus upon their task. After a raging internal battle, the stallion finally steels his resolve and shakes his head. He might incite the girl's wrath, but that's preferable than leading her into danger. "No, Vezér. I'm sorry, but it is too dangerous. For all we know, Kaos showed you the flowers knowing that you would return and inform us and that we would head into the Marshes to investigate. It could be a trap, and I want you to have no part of it." He keeps his voice soft, but stern enough to broach no argument. The girl is strong; he knows this. She survived her mother's beatings, she saw the mare dead by her father's hooves, and she's been trained by the warlord himself, yet still he fears for her safety.

He's not going to lose her again.

He glances back to Ampere, nodding to her suggestion. "Yes, that is a good idea. We could promote them now so we are all ready for action in the morning." That will give them a night to let their new rank sink in before they receive a baptism of fire tomorrow when they all head out on patrol.

I NEVER FEAR DEATH OR DYING, I ONLY FEAR NEVER TRYING
I AM WHATEVER I AM, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME NOW

image | coding

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
Information is key - by Vezér - 05-03-2017, 04:59 AM
RE: Information is key - by Volterra - 05-03-2017, 02:09 PM
RE: Information is key - by Ampere - 05-08-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: Information is key - by Vezér - 05-18-2017, 02:03 AM
RE: Information is key - by Volterra - 05-27-2017, 06:44 AM
RE: Information is key - by Ampere - 05-28-2017, 12:56 AM