the Rift

[Questing][Histe,Midas,Seiren]Facing the Storms

Tisco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Tisco wandered through the fields. Hopefully a nice surrounding would give him a small bit of courage. He had to talk to three horses that could bring storms. He had to make them use their storms against him.

Tisco sniffed the air. A cold winter day. The sun was just able to peek over the clouds. Snow fell gently onto his dark bay coat. His blue eyes gazed into the sky. Fear was already taking him. He waited around, hoping that his life would not be taken today. He planned out how he would do this. First and foremost, he would tell the horses about his quest to get the power, and then he would explain why they needed to use their storms on him. He wanted to take on one storm at a time, and rest before he would take on the next storm. That was his plan, now it was time to put it into action.

Tisco waited silently, letting the air lift his mane, letting it flow. He kicked up the snow, collecting his strength and his courage, and he stood, his blue eyes showing courage and strength, his stance showing his pride. He was ready to face what the Moon Goddess had set for him.

Word Count:209
OOC:Really nervous. X3

Seiren Posts: 43
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5
Adoptable
[Image: seirentablr.png]
Seiren & Ghost

"Where are we going?" The high pitched voice of her half-breed daughter lingered in the still air as the sly mare nudged the charcoal filly forward. The frosted fae's crown was stained with an expression that would turn milk sour. She knew exactly where they were going, but she couldn't for the life of her understand why. It was an impulse, something that pulled her away from the sancity of her prison (the Steppe) and into the slightly warmer climates of the Heavenly Fields. The frozen ground was hardly comforting against her tired daggers, but she did blend in well with the scenery. Not as much could be said for her daughter, who stuck out like a sore thumb against the terra firma. Particularly her wings the sinister vixen thought coldly.

It was no secret to her own mind that if Ghost's wings could be removed, she'd personally cut them off. But much to her anger, the mother-and-child bond was quite strong between them, that was something she had to admit. With a gruff reply,
"You'll find out, Ghost. Now quiet!" she hissed into the little filly's lobes, before poising into a skulking position, moving swiftly through the undergrowth towards where Seiren felt they needed to be.

In the distance the cloudy seraph spotted the silhouette of another creature, but it was too far away to clearly make out what kind of creature. As they rounded in closer, Seiren could only hear the light breathing of herself and the heavier breathing of her daughter. Grimacing inside at what seemed like too much noise, she silenced herself from giving her daughter an earful. Her daggers took her elegant frame towards the figure, and soon she could make it out clearly. Stepping close towards the stranger, Seiren kept her lobes pinned back, and Ghost pressed close to her. She could feel the confusion in the infant's figure, pulsing through her like a struck nerve. And then she noticed that the creature bore no horn or wings. Oh great.

It was one of stunted equines, a lesser creature than herself. She snorted in disgust, blatantly being unwelcome. With a cold, sharp lash of her tongue she acknowledged the stranger, "Why am I here?"

The brute appeared to be the same age as her fine self, and the elegant vixen took note of his mahogany features. He could even be considered handsome if he wasn't a lesser. Pawing the ground with her tapered pillars, she waited impatiently for his reply. What the fuck am I doing here...?

Seiren speaks
Ghost speaks

colourize-stock @ deviantart | lindalees @ deviantart
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
It called him. Like a tick or virus snagging at his heartstrings. Morning had just come, and with it the strangest of whispers baring an empty set of wordless instructions. He firstly tried to ignore the crazy feelings and go about an average morning routine; soon the general realized that his efforts at distraction were in vain. Irritation bloomed when no reasonable explanation came forth in his mind.

After a few hours of this he grew tired of the annoying urges. Eventually, this led to him giving in with a begrudged sigh. Feathers unfurled, a streak of ivory and gold burst from earth into an early afternoon sky with one mighty thrust. Pectorals flexed his tense tendons; they pinched his chest angrily for not first being warmed up. The intricately decorated band around his collar no longer weighted movements—at least not the way it first had a few months ago. Midas had grown stronger with the passing of time, aided by constant exercise.

It wasn’t long before a familiar bay stud came into sight, along with two figures that he did not recognize. Circling above them the warrior debated on landing and almost flew away. His levels of patience were not high enough to deal with the rowdy stud he had driven from the throat this summer past. But just as he angled away, the pulling along his heartstrings intensified to the point of discomfort. Magic was at work here. Who was he to deny the will of the gods? Fine. Snorting irritably the golden male turned back and took to landing. After closing wings he started toward the trio at an almost sluggish pace.

Politely he nodded respectfully at the mother and child upon approach, “Good day,” Squarely he faced the other, locking eyes he added flatly, “I’m assuming there is a reason for my presence to be so forcefully demanded here?”
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
"Thank you for coming here."Tisco bowed his head to the two horses, giving a glare at the unicorn mare."I have been given a quest by the Moon Goddess. I need the both of you to perform your storm magic on me. One storm at a time though, as I am not wanting to be injured too seriously."Tisco noticed that the white mare had foal beside her, and the way the mare looked at him gave him the idea that she was racist or a hater of normal equines. The winged stallion looked all too familiar, but Tisco could not put a hoof on it exactly. He looked around, the third horse had not arrived. He looked at the other two, his courage and adrenaline were beginning to escalate. He waited for them to decide who would use their storm on him first.

Word Count:145
OOC: Some one perform your storm magic on him please.

Seiren Posts: 43
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5
Adoptable
[Image: seirentablr.png]
Seiren & Ghost

Still with no idea as to why she was here, before the wretched rat could speak, another inferior creature turned up. Stumbling up to them came a winged brute, another beast to deal with. All the hatred pulsing through Seiren glowed in her obsidian orbs, the infuriation that she must be trapped here with three fucking lessers. I'm drowning in scum! The melodramatic she was, the sinister fae literally felt as if she was drowning. It was difficult to keep her tongue silent at these thoughts, not desiring a fight where it would certainly be two against one.

The winged brujo acknowledged her with some respect. Seiren had no desire to exchange pleasantries, instead she simply snorted and turned her pretty crown away. The clouded fae kept her lobes pinned back, swishing her tail silks back and forth in impatience. The sooner she and Ghost left, the better. But to her ultimate annoyance, the charcoal filly spoke in greeting to the winged brute,
"Hello mister!!" Her enthusiastic welcoming caused her to have a nipped ear, Seiren hissing at her to be silent. Her daughter simply ceased her utterances and remained quiet, thankfully.

As the mahogany brute spoke, she soon realised what had pulled her here - the gods. They wished for her to use her gift on him, for this rat to gain power? In your dreams. With a cold glare at the brute, she stamped her dagger onto the frozen ground and snorted in disgust,
"Hmmphh, and I imagine you expect me to give you my daughter too?" Not a bad idea... Her words came out faster and harsher than was anticipated, but her fury at the world was seeping through the crevices of her putrid temperament. The thought of targeting him with her storm powers, witnessing him fall to the ground writhing in pain suited her appetite, it sounded very tempting. Harming creatures could be so fun. "And what is in it for me? Nothing is free, rat." Diplomatic and political, Seiren was not going to let this inferior thing get the better of her. A price had to be paid.

Seiren speaks
Ghost speaks

colourize-stock @ deviantart | lindalees @ deviantart
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
At long last the urges inside his tight gut vanished, he had come to the place of calling and now it was up to the bay stud to entice their ears with whatever longing was to be dealt. After his part was said the little coal avian spoke up in cheery delight, "Hello mister!!" Attention momentarily turned to offer the youngster a warm smile, but a hateful look from said mother retracted both happy souls in an instant. It seemed someone had awoken with their tail knotted up. A frown formed but he didn’t linger gaze were it obvious wasn’t wanted, a wiser nature warned to leave said agitated woman alone. Lord only knew what kind of day she was having, and it truly wasn’t his place to judge.

Their host bowed submissively, to which Midas did not return; then gave instructions and explained the reasoning for such a godly calling. "I have been given a quest by the Moon Goddess. I need the both of you to perform your storm magic on me. One storm at a time though, as I am not wanting to be injured too seriously." A slip of composure fell from his features and the briefest hint of surprise filtered through. Brain allowed this falter for only a moment before recovering. Midas found the request to be rather self-centered, especially since the first impression he had received from the lad was a lingering memory that still left a bitter residue on his tongue.

The use of magic wasn’t something to be taken lightly, it required energy to be spent; and during frostfall spending energy unwisely could prove fatal for those that played above their means. The ivory woman echoed his thoughts and asked for payment, he nodded once without glancing her way and added, “She speaks the truth. You’ve expressed a desire, but what can you give in return for this?”

Histe Posts: 99
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Merikh :: Cougar :: Paralyze ali

HISTE</style>
your breathing sounds like the sickest
music playing backwards in my head
</style>

Dark clouds roiled and twisted over on themselves in the sky as the brindled mare stalked into the meadow with her cougar right on her heels. She caught the tail end of the conversation with the stallion that had demanded her presence requesting that she make him weather her storm. He would have weathered it regardless, she thought with a snort. The two others that had arrived before her both asked what they would get in return and it made the brindle mare think. What could be more satisfying than watching him writhe and suffer under the onslaught of their magic?

"And what if I refuse?" Histe demanded roughly. Her ears tilted back as Merikh laughed and she shot the cougar a threatening glare. "You no refuse." he snapped. "Shut up." She snapped right back at him before twisting around to look back at the damned stallion who was the reason she was there. Already, the wind was beginning to pick up, lightning streaked across the sky, and the thunder rumbled. One day she would have control over that, as well, not just the acid that fell from the sky.

CREDITS

Unregistered
Tisco wondered what he would do in trade for their storms. He bowed his head."I suppose you are right, as I have no power over you, and so therefore you may refuse. But I will not be too grateful." Tisco looked at the mare. The young foal at her side spoke, and was quickly scolded."No, you may keep your child. I am sorry you must waste your energy on a simple horse like me, but I suppose that the pain I suffer and my screaming shall be pleasing to you all? Would it not be amusing for some of you?"Tisco felt as though he was putting his life up for sale. His soul, so to speak.

Tisco remembered where he had seen the pegasus before. The foul creature had not allowed him his way.

Tisco turned around from the group and smirked, foul ideas playing in his mind. If they refused, he would take the mare's foal and squeeze the life out of it, and attack the other two horses. He did not know if he could take all three of them on, but with an innocent horse on the line, they might agree. Tisco felt his bloody side grow on him, consuming him. The one mare though, the one with the cougar seemed a bit brutal. Tisco watched a thunderstorm roll into the sky above once the mare with the cougar had entered. Soon, if these horses agreed, Tisco would control a storm like this. And he waited for the horses to allow him, for if they did not, he would attack. And kill.

Word Count:268
OOC:Pretty please? I don't want Tisco to become a murderer just yet.

Unregistered
[[OOC: We can skip Danjahh because she has not been on in 20 or so days]]
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Another lady appeared, equine now and perfectly in sync with the other. Gaze turned to regard her politely, noting the companion that trailed her side, a fanged cat of sorts. Cougar. After only a moment’s assessment, he looked away and returned attention toward their selfish acting company. A response came, one that tightened velvet senses along forehead in obvious disgust, "I suppose you are right, as I have no power over you, and so therefore you may refuse. But I will not be too grateful." What reason did Midas or any in their group have to care if this rude, annoying equine was grateful or not?

"No, you may keep your child. I am sorry you must waste your energy on a simple horse like me, but I suppose that the pain I suffer and my screaming shall be pleasing to you all? Would it not be amusing for some of you?"

Worth was not measured by the amount of magic one had. Snorting loudly and striking the ground with one sharpened foredagger, head bobbed in disagreement, “I take no pleasure in hurting others,” he said sharply, narrowed brows tightened, “If this is all you have to say, then I see no reason for my presence here—I shall take my leave,” dismissing the stallion with a flick of bannered appendage, Midas took a step back and spread wings to ascend toward heaven. Obviously there was a lesson to be learned by all this, and the bay man had yet to learn it. He would be damned if this brash creature would see a single speck of his magical threads.

Histe Posts: 99
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Merikh :: Cougar :: Paralyze ali

HISTE</style>
your breathing sounds like the sickest
music playing backwards in my head
</style>

"He's talking out of his ass." The voice was that of Histe's father. "He's only making excuses. Once he gets what he wants he will take off and there will be no repayment on his end. Work for you and nothing."

In Histe's opinion burning someone with her acid rain was not work. She took immense joy and pleasure in causing pain to anyone and everyone. She felt pleasure in the feeling of her own flesh being burned by acid. But her father was right. In the end there would be no repayment. Nothing.

"No?" Histe looked down at Merikh and gave a very slight shake of her head. The cougar looked the slightest bit bewildered for a moment before he schooled his features back to normal.

The brindled mare turned toward the pegasus, looking at him as if he'd grown another head when he said he took no pleasure in causing pain. What was this?

"You have nothing to offer but screams of pain and suffering." Histe said gruffly. "I get that every time I my rain falls." The difference was that he wanted her to do it. The mare snorted and turned. "Unless you have something of worth to offer you've wasted my time." In normal circumstances she would have called upon her magic to punish him, but that was just what he wanted. Merikh growled before turning and trailing after his bonded.

CREDITS

Unregistered
Tisco flicked his ears back."Don't taunt me!"He grumbled. "You speak lies, mare."A strange growl rose in his throat. "I speak the truth. I am not like the Moon Goddess. I say the truth and nothing but the truth."He glanced at all the horses."Here's an offer."He paused, grunting."I shall offer myself as your slave, or, bodyguard shall we say?"He looked around."I shall come to your aid if you require it. If I hear word that you are in need, I shall come. I shall protect you and your family. But I will be stronger with the storm magic, and it doubles the odds of you alive."Tisco stared at the brindle mare."I do not know what to do for you. I may provide you with a creature to torture, or maybe a creature for your companion to feast upon? It'd save you both time and energy." Tisco grinned."We share a passion you know. Torture, screams. You have yet to see my dark side."He grinned, his eyes turned into those of the devil. He snorted, waiting for the horses reply. He would leave if they did not agree to his offers.

OOC: Please. It's pathetic, I know. X3
WC: 188
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Brash glare darkened woman gave was totally ignored; Midas was favoring present company less and less and therefor found attention drawn to only their host. Wings itched to take him high into the clouds, away from angry stares and selfish desires. The group exchanged words; brindled mare took a surprising stance, slightly similar to the one Throats general had chosen. Just as arched appendages were about to thrust down and cause lift, carrying him away from all. Bay stag desperately bleated again, tone pleading now.

Midas was reminded of his lord, and the great mercy that was shown upon him in moments of foul sin. Settling slightly the general listened to all that was said with a tightly knitted frown. He still felt inclined to leave; swallowing that mortal desire was perhaps the most bitter of flavors. For a moment the golden general seriously took into account all that the bay creature had said, nearly giving in and accepting the offer of physical protection. Until….. "We share a passion you know. Torture, screams. You have yet to see my dark side." Narrowed orbs made quick decision, “Find another creature to do your bidding; I will not take part in feeding power to such a hateful and ill-fated heart.” Rising high now with swift beats, he left them to do whatever. Midas would take no part in feeding evil.

OCC: Midas exits