the Rift

Rip It Up And Start Again [Open]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
The dragonmare had hoped that when she bowed out of the conversation (for she really had spoken enough, surely?) the short pegasus lad would take the reins of the discussion and inform the newcomer about more than the warriors who filled the Throat. But perhaps, being young that he was, and such a passionate guardian himself, he genuinely did not know about the ranks, or else innocently forgot, neglected to mention them - he provided further details on that which he had already alluded to, the magnificence and might of the Throat, the force of their warriors and fighters and defenders. Alas, he was very proud and confident in his words, and it wasn't as if he provided nothing to the conversation, so the mare settled in to see whether Iye had enough information to proceed on his journey into Helovia or not.

The smile upon her lips deepened as he turned to each of them in turn, and she approved once again of his enquiries. Amaris likes him, in that moment, she likes his brains, his questions, his yearning for more knowledge, for less ignorance - if only everyone in the world asked a few more questions before leaping to their conclusions, perhaps the world would be a more pleasant place to live (or would it?).

"The World's Edge is a land much like its name hints at - a coastal cliff jutting out over the sea, draped in mists and forests, protected by a ring of jagged rocks that rise and fall from the earth by the whims of those in power. Within, you will find a range of paths for your choosing - the walk of a warrior, as young Pippigrin as aptly described, is similar no matter which herd you look at; the walk of a sleuth, a Specter who leads their Scouts in gathering information and protecting the herd from nefarious thieves; the walk of a mender, a healer, led by our Moon Doctors with Nurses presiding; the creator of objects and weapons, a craftsman, who works beneath the Glazier and his Artificers; or the walk of a wise ones, the Philosophers and Sages, who follow the Seer, who summons the very Goddess of the Moon every season to commune and discuss current affairs that are affecting the lands."

Here she paused, catching her breath, smiling all the while. "Of course, there are those who simply exist within the herd, filling the common ranks, making up the masses of the herd, but all are encouraged to contribute in some way, for the overall improvement of the herd." Another pause, and she gave the brute before her a critical look, openly peering at him, as if delving deep into his very soul. He would be a good herdmate, Dramyrth offered, from his distant, non-present perspective, judging the steed purely on the emotional reading he picked up from his bonded.

"You'd be welcome to join the Edge, if you so desired. Though I've not got the power to accept you immediately, I would be happy to guide you there, and put in a good word for you." She finished with a smile and a wink, a nod as she turned to Pippigrin once more, acknowledging his invitation to her with a wry grin. "I'll be sure to do just that, thank you," she offered to the halfling, before re-settling her attention to the newcomer, awaiting the outcome of this encounter with the patience of one far more experienced than she.
Brush Credit

@Iye @Pippigrin
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Rip It Up And Start Again [Open] - by Iye - 05-04-2017, 05:31 AM
RE: Rip It Up And Start Again [Open] - by Amaris - 05-04-2017, 05:55 AM
RE: Rip It Up And Start Again [Open] - by Iye - 05-05-2017, 04:54 AM
RE: Rip It Up And Start Again [Open] - by Amaris - 05-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Rip It Up And Start Again [Open] - by Iye - 05-09-2017, 12:34 PM
RE: Rip It Up And Start Again [Open] - by Amaris - 05-10-2017, 07:13 AM
RE: Rip It Up And Start Again [Open] - by Iye - 05-31-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: Rip It Up And Start Again [Open] - by Amaris - 06-01-2017, 06:03 AM