the Rift

hireath

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
the GoldenShade
Every ounce if instinct I held within my body urged me forward to comfort the young colt, and yet I forced my hooves to remained anchored where they were. I didn't want to frighten him away by moving in too close. The forests, no matter the region, were dangerous and often held secrets hidden within its shadows. To scare him deeper into the forest, one that he couldn't possibly know, and have to chase after him wasn't something that I wanted to happen. My smile remained friendly and encouraging, hoping that it would be enough to entice him to me so I could look over him and possibly find his parents -- though a part of me was already anticipating that he'd arrived alone. Why else would he be in such poor condition?

His sudden shout of Geronimo! was surprising enough to make me flinch. I let my wing droop to cover his small, malnourished form and effectively hide him from whatever it was that had scared him. I looked around, though, and the only thing I saw was Mara, standing at the foot of a tree. Her head tilted as she watched the boy hide and then she looked at me. I could feel her question before she could voice it, and at first I didn't know how to answer. Mara wasn't frightening to me or to any of my friends, but she was bonded to me and my friends all knew who she was. The young colt, however .... I lifted my wing and looked down at him as he shouted and pointed at Mara again.

"It's okay." I said, my voice soft and soothing. "She's a friend. Her name is Mara." I glanced back at my bonded in time to see her body englufed in swirling shadows. When they disipated her now feline body was much smaller and fluffier than the one before had been. She started toward us only to stop a few paces away to sit and stare at the colt who was still partially hidden under my wing. "Mara." I repeated to the boy as I motioned to my bonded. "Frie---."

"You.."

I cut myself short and craned my neck to look at the girl who had spoken. At first I didn't recognize her, though I was sure that I should have. It wasn't until she mentioned the wolves that it hit me full force, like a ton of bricks. The wolves .... just the mere mention of them brought the sight of Amani's battered body to mind. I could still see it, still smell the blood, still feel the sadness at the world losing such a beautiful soul. "You're .... Amani's daughter." I said, almost numb. "You've grown."

"."
Mara's Form

@Geronimo
@Farah

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
hireath - by Geronimo - 05-05-2017, 12:03 AM
RE: hireath - by Ranjiri - 05-06-2017, 09:02 PM
RE: hireath - by Geronimo - 05-07-2017, 06:51 AM
RE: hireath - by Farah - 05-10-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: hireath - by Ranjiri - 05-11-2017, 05:16 PM
RE: hireath - by Geronimo - 05-12-2017, 03:11 PM