the Rift

hireath

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
the GoldenShade
Mara remained seated, her feline eyes watching the colt as he crept steadily toward her. Her ears flicked back for a split second before they were tilted forward again and her the tip of her stubby tail tapped steadily against the ground. She was curious about the colt, I could feel it through our shared bond, but she was still far too young to voice exactly what it was she wanted to know. And I had a feeling that even if she were able to voice her questions the colt wouldn't be able to answer them. I watched him as he continued to creep forward, Mara's name falling from his lips as he stretched his muzzle out toward her. I watched her as she leaned to the side, away from his touch, but it wasn't enough and soon his muzzle was burried in the soft fur of her coat.

But it was only for a second.

Mara jumped back, and as she did one of her front paws shot out to bap the youngster on the nose. "Mara!" My voice was drowned out by his bellow, though I wasn't sure if he had cried out because of Mara bapping his nose or because of Farah's sudden arrival. I started to turn then stopped as Geronimo -- I figured that was his name because he kept saying it -- wedged himself under my ribs. He garnered my full attention then and I dipped my head down to peer at him. "It's okay. There's nothing to be frightened of." I glanced to where Mara had been and found her seated again, diligently cleaning the paw she had smacked the colt with. She must have sensed me watching her because she paused long enough to look at me before she resumed her grooming.

Sighing, I turned my attention back to the child. I couldn't just leave him alone and I was pretty sure that his parents, whoever they were, were nowhere around. Leaving him would be a death sentence and I couldn't do that in good conscience. I shifted my body so that he would no longer be tucked beneath me. I took a few steps forward then stopped and looked back at him. "Let's go home." I said and motioned for him to come along. Mara had aleady disappeared into the brush and was heading for the Edge.
"."
Mara's Form

@Geronimo

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
hireath - by Geronimo - 05-05-2017, 12:03 AM
RE: hireath - by Ranjiri - 05-06-2017, 09:02 PM
RE: hireath - by Geronimo - 05-07-2017, 06:51 AM
RE: hireath - by Farah - 05-10-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: hireath - by Ranjiri - 05-11-2017, 05:16 PM
RE: hireath - by Geronimo - 05-12-2017, 03:11 PM
RE: hireath - by Ranjiri - 05-16-2017, 12:34 AM