the Rift

[OPEN] dusk encroaches in

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
R I K Y N & D U I R

Eager to be on our way, to have time enough for myself to wind down for the evening, when the time at last came, I head north, towards the path which will lead us through the shallow pine wood, to the tomb, not far beyond. Setting my pace at one which is not particularly quick, in order for Safiri to have time to walk with leisure, and even look around some, if she wanted.

As I’d promised, though, it doesn’t take long; the well travelled trail is wide and clear of branches, kept tidy by those who passed this way on their ventures to the various caverns of those who lived this way, or the Lord’s Tomb, to which we were now headed. When we pass the path down to my cave, I glance down it, wondering if I might steal a glimpse of Glacia, or Gwyn, but don’t slow my step.

Quiet at first, I don’t think to even say much, at first, too worn out from talking all day. Besides, the silence is pretty comfortable, for me, anyway, and there’s not much along the way to point out to the filly, and, if she’s at all like I was as a child, just the new sights are good enough. It’s only the adults who need more to do than see, really, having already looked at most everything enough times to be disinterested in something as casual as the scenery of an evergreen woodland. When I do finally start to speak, weary of the time to my own thoughts (and the places I avoid there) I choose a topic that is not as somber as the task which we make our way towards.

"So, a temple, huh?" I ask, glancing back with a smile, "who’s idea was that?"

Hopefully not the Moon’s; it wasn’t that much after her murder spree across Helovia, after all, and even a Goddess should, you know, take at least a few dozen years to start demanding homage from the people she had slain.

Letting that conversation fill the short time remaining between where we start talking and when the trail clears out, and the Tomb arrives before us, I gesture towards the carefully arranged rocks. The sound of the sea is faintly evident, hinting at the close proximity of the shore, which is hidden from view by trees and the mountains, and though I try to keep my feelings at bay, the peace of this place stirs my heart, as it always does, and I’m drawn ever closer to the mourning shadows inside me that I strive to avoid.

"There it is," I say softly, clearing my throat before I more audibly add, "I can go if you would like some time alone."

this is not destruction
this is your birth

image credits

@Rexanna @Safiri

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
dusk encroaches in - by Rikyn - 05-05-2017, 11:05 AM
RE: dusk encroaches in - by Rexanna - 05-26-2017, 01:16 PM
RE: dusk encroaches in - by Rikyn - 06-07-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: dusk encroaches in - by Rexanna - 06-10-2017, 01:08 AM
RE: dusk encroaches in - by Erebos - 06-10-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: dusk encroaches in - by Rexanna - 06-11-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: dusk encroaches in - by Rikyn - 06-12-2017, 10:29 AM
RE: dusk encroaches in - by Erebos - 06-23-2017, 06:44 PM