the Rift

[OPEN] DIPLOMACY, part ii

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

She enjoys Yael’s company as they head to the Throat, though everything feels wrong without Tembovu. Butterflies dance in her stomach as if she hasn’t seen this done a thousand times before. How often had she stood beside her mother and father as they’d welcomed diplomats? More times than she can count, truthfully. But everything of importance happened behind closed doors, ones she was rarely invited behind. She was left to dance with the princes or dazzle the diplomats that weren’t important enough to be behind the doors either. Her job was to smile and keep them happy, to watch for signs of distrust, to collect any information given from loose lips. She had been good at that job once.

That Lyanna felt like a very different Lyanna than the one she’d become in Helovia. Princess Lyanna of Morham felt like a dream, like a mare that never really existed at all. Lyanna the Moon Doctor felt most like her. Lyanna the Windswept, Queen of the Edge, was a mare she didn’t know at all. Yael’s presence is the only thing that keeps her grounded (figuratively, of course), reminding her that this new title isn’t so different from the last. Or at least, that this new title doesn’t have to be so different. “I think we should share,” she says before anyone else joins them, nodding at Yael slightly. “Since it is your discovery though, I think you should do the honors.”

They don’t wait long for others to join them. Ampere, Pipigrin, Volterra and Astarot. She knows them all, and this revelation almost shocks her. Well really, it does shock her, but she doesn’t let it show on her face. How had she come to this point? A Queen who could stand on the border of another herd and recognize so many of the faces. Not that she knew them well, but she knew them by name at the very least. Volterra’s words are almost a stab in the gut though. Lyanna’s been ask to fill shoes that she can fill. She is not Tembovu, and she cannot even hope to fill his shadow.

Her gaze turns to Astarot briefly with a smile and a shake of her head. “Nothing is wrong,” she assures him, turning her gaze back to the group as a whole. All she wants to do is offer Astarot the herbs she has with her and go off talking about local plants in the Throat, but that is no longer her job. “We’re sorry to come knocking on your door again so soon, but thank you having us. We wanted to follow up from our last meeting though.”

“Tembovu has stepped down,” she says simply, eyes turning to Volterra for a moment. The words still feel wrong, and it feels too final to stand here telling another herd. “He promoted me to Queen to rule along side Alysanne. We both hope to open lines of communication between our herds. With the threat of Kaos especially, we’d like to invite your healers, crafters and philosphers to our land to trade knowledge, herbs, and items as would mutually benefit each herd. We’d also love to encourage organized spars between our herds.”

She pauses again for a moment, eyes turning to Yael. “Yael also recently visited Kaos’ altar, and can read the symbols on it, and we’d like to share that information as well.” She nods to Yael, letting the little golden Pegasus fill in the details. Who better to relay the translation than the mare who had translated it, after all. Her attention turns back to Astarot, and she picks up the pile of herbs she'd brought with her, offering them to him. "These are for you. I never did get the chance to give them to you last time. Pine and cedar, mostly. "

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Yael @Ampere @Volterra

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Lyanna - 05-05-2017, 07:09 PM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Yael - 05-07-2017, 09:47 AM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Ampere - 05-08-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Pippigrin - 05-08-2017, 02:37 PM