the Rift

[OPEN] DIPLOMACY, part ii

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
HE SAYS "OH BABY GIRL, DON'T GET CUT ON MY EDGES
I'M THE KING OF EVERYTHING AND MY TONGUE IS A WEAPON"

Lyanna speaks first, confessing that Tembovu has stepped down. Volterra pricks an ear in surprise, digesting the information for a moment. The Elephant King seemed far too robust to step down due to ill health or anything like that, so he wonders what strange occurrence made the large man decide to leave his crown and throne behind. The mare extends an invitation to trade herbs, knowledge and spars, and the beast immediately nods his agreement. Ampere vocalises what he's thinking, and he waits for the blue-marked woman to finish before he says anything himself.

The brute's attention shifts to this Yael as she begins to speak. Her voice is heavily accented, even more than Volterra's own thick rumble, but that doesn't stop him from listening as she explains what the altar had revealed to her. His handsome features crease into a frown - Peace, Power, Forever, and Kaos will save. None of this adds up. Volterra has decided for himself that Kaos is evil, and not the tolerable kind of evil that the Indomitable himself can be - he is the sort of evil that must be destroyed at all cost. After all, his bone monster had killed a mare with minimal provocation, not to mention the personal insult of masquerading as Kisamoa before revealing his true face. The onyx warlord has no time for deception, so he has firmly engraved it into his mind that it's a black and white matter - there's Kaos, who must be stopped, and then there's Helovians, honour-bound to stop him or die trying.

Yet these new developments seem to imply that Volterra has been hasty in his assumptions. His daughter's revelations did not involve any sort of nefarious deeds, and Yael's translation suggests the same. The stallion's jaw is set hard as he thinks; he does not like to have his opinions challenged like this. He has decided that Kaos is evil and must be destroyed, but now all of the evidence is contradicting that. Stubborn as he is, it makes Volterra all the more determined to stop the foul brute and his bizarre games. "We also have news to share regarding Kaos. My daughter recently headed to the Marsh, more specifically this altar. According to her, the ground began to shake and the altar began to eject an odd teal liquid, which formed black clovers where it touched the ground. Apparently when it landed on her skin, it did not cause her any harm - rather, it created a sensation of relaxation and wellbeing. She brought us some of the clovers, which our healers are now looking at." His frown deepens as he looks to Yael. "Your translation of the symbols and my daughter's account of events around the altar both seem to imply that Kaos....is not as evil as we may have thought. I am sure I am not alone in the fact that I do not trust him a jot, however. He has deceived us before, and I would be unsurprised if this also turned out to be an elaborate trap."

He swings his tail, perturbed. "We thank you for your information, and I hope we can continue to pass such things between our herds. In times like these, we must all be as up to date as possible on events surrounding Kaos." He glances at Lyanna. "It is also why it is a fine idea to spar between our herds, and as Ampere says, friendly stealths cannot go amiss either. All of our ranks must keep themselves honed and ready in case Kaos should make his intentions clear."

Then he glances to Yael, who mentions something about a request. The beast's expression is quizzical as he looks at her. "What is your request, Yael?" he asks, his voice level and calm.

image credits

@Yael
@Lyanna
@Astarot

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Lyanna - 05-05-2017, 07:09 PM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Yael - 05-07-2017, 09:47 AM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Ampere - 05-08-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Pippigrin - 05-08-2017, 02:37 PM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Volterra - 05-08-2017, 03:06 PM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Astarot - 05-08-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Lyanna - 05-21-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Yael - 05-23-2017, 08:29 PM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Ampere - 05-28-2017, 12:34 AM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Volterra - 06-07-2017, 02:23 PM