the Rift

[OPEN] Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Why was it, that loud, obnoxious animals seemed to always toot their loudest when Amaris happened to be walking by?

The lush Riptide Isles stood tall around her, the sound of moving water a constant, comforting thrum in the background, the scent of the mountainous lands, the robust bush that grew there, the wildlife - it was meant to be a bit of an escape for the mare, a retreat from the monotony of her duties. Besides, her role involved lots of thinking, and sometimes, thinking required inspiration, new information, new stimulation - she had not been to the Riptide Isles in a long time, and then, only briefly.

But the dragonmare was not to receive quite the reprieve she sought today. But, perhaps, she would receive the inspiration for original thoughts she sought.

The parrot was heavily decorated seemingly in items and knick-knacks it had collected and hoarded over the years, and its voice travelled easily to her awaiting ears.

Magical rocks? The question inevitably arose within her mind, and she joined in Dramyrth's amusement at the idea of collecting more magic, after so recently having not one, but two experiences that had left her fundamentally changed. As she approached, with a curt nod to any already present, she listened to the 'sales pitch' of the macaw, and gathered that he was peddling some kind of object that would summon one of the Gods.

The Gods. Amaris had recently witnessed the summoning of the Moon Goddess by her Seer, her rank required such things to become almost commonplace - and yet she could not resist the pull, the temptation. Of course, there was a 'new' God in town - would what the bird was selling work on it as well?

"Why not?" she asked to no-one in particular, as Dramyrth settled upon 'his' spot atop her withers to watch the proceedings with relative interest.
Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop] - by Amaris - 05-07-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop] - by Yael - 05-07-2017, 12:48 PM
RE: Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop] - by Yael - 05-10-2017, 02:06 PM
RE: Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop] - by Yael - 05-16-2017, 01:56 PM