the Rift

[OPEN] Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop]

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
Wessex? comes Albrecht’s voice, echoing through the pitch black - from behind her, she thinks, though of course, she cannot be certain. When the rocks fell across the entrance, there was much dust and noise, and whooshes of air, and the other Basiner could well have skittered past her in all the commotion. “I’m here, Albrecht!” she yells back, though all that returns to her are the sounds of her own voice. Maybe he was hard of hearing... or too far away to get anything more than a vague noise? She frowns, her lips pressed together in a thin line that no one can see. As much as she wanted to find the old man, she couldn't worry about him right now - there's this total darkness thing to work around. How to proceed?

First, to find a wall. Moving in one direction until she finds a hard surface to keep her direction straight, Wessex. Luckily for her, she only turned around at the sound of crashing stones - so she simply needs to turn back in the other direction, right? Right. It’s clear that the only way out is forward - so the sooner she moves forward, the better. Head somewhat lowered in order to keep potential dangerous things at bay, she moves slowly, step by step, along the wall - no more a freight strain, but a slow-moving coal carrier, inching along in the darkness.

Eventually, the wall ends, and Wessex must turn a ‘corner,’ probably losing a lot of time by using touch to discover the three new paths. Ducking her head, the mare slips into the last path, choosing to stay with the last one instead of circle around again. She starts to grumble to herself, thoroughly annoyed now at the last of light, feeling all too much like a bumbling fool in the dark. Her scars can’t illuminate much past her flanks, and that would require - what? - going ass first for this? Nope.

The silence is deafening, uneasy, and Wessex never realized how much she depended on her sight until now.

Wessex chooses Path C

I am Iron and I Forge Myself
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop] - by Yael - 05-07-2017, 12:48 PM
RE: Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop] - by Yael - 05-10-2017, 02:06 PM
RE: Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop] - by Yael - 05-16-2017, 01:56 PM
RE: Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop] - by Wessex - 05-17-2017, 02:23 PM