the Rift

[OPEN] send a heartbeat [Basin Festival Invitations]

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

Tradition pooled through their lungs as they marched from their frosty Orangemoon grounds and coiled amidst the grandeur of changing leaves – the Aurora Basin festival was upon them, glowing, tempting, invigorating. In years past they’d honored the glory of their god, the righteous wake of their empire, and the stately regard of their land; and it’d continue into this season, folding right over legions and legends. There’d be songs and dancing, reverence and silliness, celebration of one more session of time beneath the regal mountains and the rolling hills – even amidst the despair, the chaos, the heady, overwhelming melancholy enforced upon them all. They’d driven past enigmas and bedlam before, and they weren’t about to let it stop them now.

Determination settled across the Songbird’s features as they dipped along the borders of the World’s Edge – no longer haunted by the poignant fringes of fog and the abyss, the rocky shoal, the echo of waves bounding against its vicious outcrop. She turned to Glasgow more than once, funneling conversation about various tidbits, smiling, laughing, encouraged by the dazzling promises, the serenity, the tranquility embodying and pervading their spirits, beguiling and alluring others to join them in games, in gathering not for bloodshed, but for jubilation and excitement. It was a chance to express, to be merry, to be more than clouded by the what-ifs and the notions of the great beyond – so she lifted her head and echoed a melodic calling through the vast, misty woodland, hoping to extend their leafy pamphlets and well wishes into a tempted throng; because the world shouldn’t have always been so cold. We band together Imogen declared, and Lena could only wholeheartedly agree, watching the cloudy horizon for an opportunity to pass along the sentiments.

[Stopping at the Edge Borders to invite everyone to participate in the upcoming Basin festival! The festival shall be starting May 8th. ;D]

Lena
where there is love, there is life.

image by safetylast @ flickr.com

@Glasgow

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Roskuld & Zchiraxicon
Where there's no Law tying my heart from the start..

I could feel it getting colder and it was a bitch-titty, to say the least. Not only that, but everything felt like being wet too, with the mist lingering ever more thickly than usual so it felt like a large, damp hand constantly giving you a chilly pat-down wherever you went. Wasn’t a good feeling.

Wasn’t really a day for good moods, but it seemed like there were a couple coming up from…somewhere. There was a brown one and a not brown one, one that seemed like she was full of smiles despite her frame, the other looking like other things. Huh. Definitely some kind of pair, I guess. I approached, and my surly attitude seemed out of place with whatever hoorah they were bringing with them in the air.

“Yo,” I said, even as Chico landed not too far off on silent owl’s wings, his lamplike eyes wide and staring as he took in the appearance of the two mares. Didn’t seem like they would be much of a handful if shit went south--but he wanted to keep watch, just in case. Y’know, he was nosy like that. “Can I help you?” I asked, conscious of my rough voice against the dulcet trumpeting the brown ladybird had trilled out in the damp, misty air. Huh, wonder if she sings, I wondered idly, gazing at them sternly, yet not quite unkindly.
"talk"

image credits

SKRRRRRRRRR*crash*

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

The call that comes through the mist, cold Edge is not necessarily familiar, but not foreign either. Orangemoon has turned cold fast, skipping the normal beautiful cool breezes and sunny days. The mists were heavy and thick, the winds bittng, and she couldn’t help but wonder if this was a sign of something to come. Not just what would be a bitter Frostfall, but whatever Kaos had in store. Not that she had many Orangemoons to compare this to, but none of the ones she’s spent in the Edge had been quite like this.

She turns her course to answer the call, trying to place the sound of the voice that issued it. But as the gate comes into view, the two forms standing here are familiar. She assumes Lena had been the one to call. Lyanna knows her voice, but not well, and that would explain her inability to place it. If Glasgow had called, Lyanna would have known easily.

Their General is already here, and Lyanna is glad to see her around. “Lena, Glasgow!” she calls as she closes the distance, always glad to see her friends. She nods to Roskuld as she stops beside the General, saying quietly, “Good to see you., General.” She feels weird standing here as Queen with Roskuld, somehow yet another reminder she was somehow supposed to live up to the shadow of Tembovu. An impossible task.

“What brings you two here?” She says, turning her attention back to her friends with a wide smile. She’d rather think of them, and the task at hand, than the title that hangs over her head.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
Though patrolling the borders was not specifically in her list of duties as a Philosopher, Amaris could not help the habit from forming: she was protective of her herd, fiercely so, and if her eyes and ears and body could be used to help prevent harm from coming to her herd, she would devote them to the task. The dragonmare flew today, high above her home, knowing that the canopy and the fog hid most of what we on below - but that was what her beloved bonded king was for.

Dramyrth lingered in the canopy, his slighter size and agility allowing him to dart expertly through the boughs and bends of trees and branches. Amaris appreciated his feedback - and when he reported the foreign call from the gates the dragonmare reacted smoothly and swiftly. A safe place to land was a little ways off, but land she did, within the borders of her home - she followed the winged figure of her new Queen with haste, murmuring a low half-dragon, half-equine whicker to alert the Windswept of her presence.

But whatever tension and anticipation that had built up was soon dissipated, as the former Healer announced the names of the 'intruders' with a welcoming call, enveloping the General (whose appearance Amaris knew she knew from a memory long ago, but whose name escaped her) in that greeting. Amaris herself offered a polite nod to all those present - surely it was a good sign that so many Edgers had arrived so swiftly to a potential 'threat' to their borders, surely the 'intruders' would be understanding, and not take offense for their measures?

"Amaris, resident Philosopher," she offered simply, a serene smile curving her lips, pausing her motions a short distance away, ears pricked as she awaited an answer to the question posed by both her General and Queen, not feeling a need to repeat it when it clearly was already in the aether, ready to be explained. Dramyrth joined the fray, unceremoniously plonking from the canopy above to land upon his beloved's scaled withers.
sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
Code by Reli <3

I’ll taste the devil's tears
The scarred mare hadn’t realized how short the trip to the Edge seemed. Conversation had flowed freely, and gratefully, immensely helping with the long journey south. She enjoyed Lena, considered her a friend, even, despite not knowing too much about the bay unicorn. She had been in the Basin for a long time, though it seemed. She was beautiful and kind, and everything Glasgow had once been. It reminded her of her sister, and how Socket would have been extremely jealous at the revelation.

Glasgow, however, was much more simplistic, and enjoyed everything she could about life. It wasn’t a competition. That was something that even her life experiences hadn’t changed. The mare had always been humble.

As they arrived at the borders with the glass spikes, Glasgow offered Lena and her companion a smile as her melodic call crossed the misty air. The first to arrive was a mare that Glasgow had only briefly seen once before. Dipping her head gently to the mare in greeting, her scarred lips parted as she began to speak. However, before she could, a familiar voice cut through the air. A brilliant smile immediately illuminated the ex-Glazier’s face, as the question got asked once more. Then, a scaled mare appeared offering her name and rank, standing a bit further away.

Glasgow with her politeness and manners, dipped her head in greeting to Amaris as well before looking to each of them with an excited grin. “We’ve come to invite you to the Aurora Basin Festival! All of you, bring everyone you’d like. We’ll have stories, games, the aurora.” She began, her milky gaze dancing across each one of them. “A night of fun and relaxation.” She finally said, turning her head toward her bay companion, sure that Lena would have something to add.

"Talk."
Drink from his soul—
but i'll never give up you.
Glasgow
image | coding

@Lena sorry for the wait D:

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

They were received quickly; par for the course in most destinations and border meandering, and despite a brief call of Yo and straightforward questioning, there was no sign of hostility, no accordance of vexation or anger. Lena smiled all the more, bowing her head towards the approaching figure (oddly familiar; but never a name given, like so many of the crowd looming at perilous events or grand, opulent gatherings). Before she could say anything, grant their reasoning for such an interval, more arrived, including Lyanna, which earned another incline of her head and a charitable blossoming of her grin, and a gilded dragon mare (with much to admire, as if she was truly descended from winged titans). “Hello again!” She entrusted with melodic tunes and warm-hearted, amiable gestures, a sweep of her crown, none of the haunting edges the world used to provide her glinting along the fringes of her eyes; no phantom fallacies, no indulgent, poignant losses. Glasgow went on to sum up their agenda nicely, and the Songbird continued, trilling over more of the content for the destined evening. “We’ll also have fortune telling, dancing, and hopefully an opportunity to summon the Time God.” Whether he’d oblige to attend or not was entirely up to him – especially in the midst of more chaos, more destruction, more ruin – but she’d hoped, like so many other times before, that he’d be able to partake in an evening dedicated to his existence, power, and dominance. “We’d love if you could come,” she added with another harmonic thrum, eyes glancing from one figure to another, enticing, tempting, them to join in on festivities – and not to be drowned out by one more weight on the world.

Lena
where there is love, there is life.

image by safetylast @ flickr.com