the Rift

[OPEN] the night is young [MAIN FESTIVAL THREAD]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
A Festival.

In the Basin.

Nervous couldn't begin to cover how the dragonmare felt. So many different scenarios were running through her head, so many potential possibilities, so many options, almost all of them disastrous in conclusion as she flew the last leagues into the northern realm.

She couldn't help it, the fear, the memories (imagined and real), the stories her mother told her of the Basin and their past actions. Amaris knew her mother was not innocent in the histories of Helovia, she knew that there was the chance the Edge had a similar post-traumatic-stress effect on some of those within the Basin, but she could not shake the images she had imagined up in her mind, the sensations of heightened emotions, nerves and anxiety running through her.

The dragonmare was on auto-pilot, she vaguely followed the Sultana of the Throat on a lazy descent into the lands, drinking them with her golden pools, taking in the dazzling colours and arrangements of tents and various festival activities with a discerning glance.

Amaris breathed, taking a quiet moment for herself. Social situations, particularly massive ones like this one promised to be, always stirred her nerves, added to the anxiety that was already plaguing her, she wasn't sure how long she would stay here.

But she was here. Goddess say to clear mind, Dramyrth offered softly, warmly, his figure landing warmly upon her scaled back. Yes, she did, Amaris concurred, embracing the logic, doing her best to wash away the emotions weighing her down, to view the situation with fresh, non-clouded eyes.

"Hello Ampere," she called gently to the dark pegasus, as she began her journey about. Everything looked so appealing - we must try everything, she informed her bonded, who merely sat in silence, casting his own judgements and making his own observations from his perch atop her withers and nape.

A smile and a nod were offered to Ingrid and Pippigrin in greeting, though she did not engage them in conversation, seeing others she knew as well (with some surprise, as she was always surprised to find she recognised others, having lived a solitary life for too long). "Wessex," she said in a simple, kind greeting, looking dubiously at the liquid the mare proffered Ampere, electing not to try it just yet (Ingrid's apparent immediate lack of inhibition was rather a deterrent).

She continued on her wandering, eventually spying Astarot and his little blue companion. They were standing by the small gathering of beings who were generating a pleasant tune, and Amaris approached him with a happy bounce in her step. "Astarot!" she called, laughing as she heard Zafir contribute her voice to the tunes, wondering if Dramyrth would feel deigned to do similar - ( Nope, came the confirmation ). The golden dragonking continue to simply sit atop his golden throne, his bonded, and view the surroundings without giving much away as to his inner thoughts, even to Amaris directly.

"How nice to see you here," she said to the skull-marked dunskin. It was one thing to be able to fly from the Edge, completely another to make the journey on foot from as far away as the Throat. "I hope you are well?"

Uhhh @Everyone for mentions...
@Astarot for speaking to directly xD
Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: the night is young [MAIN FESTIVAL THREAD] - by Amaris - 05-17-2017, 07:26 AM