the Rift

[OPEN] the night is young [MAIN FESTIVAL THREAD]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

ЯIKYN

It was peculiar, how easy it was to fall in love with Gwyn, and how much easier there after it had been to look at Glacia as more than just a girl I’d grown up with, and looked at when I thought she wouldn’t notice. Though the thought of the responsibility to come still terrified me, and was a train of thought I actively avoided, my heart was slowly softening towards the white flecked, onyx mare that had brought the most beautiful girl in all of Loorien into the world.

Just when I begin to wonder where my pretty, blue eyed ladies are, they appear on the other side of the vale, from the bordering pine forest, which leads to my cave. Lifting my head at the sight of them and smiling happily, especially at Gwyn’s enthusiastic expression as she hurries towards the dance floor and refreshments, I turn my focus towards Glacia as our daughter moves next to where Lena is preparing to tell stories, a blackberry sprig clutched in her dark lips.

Remembering how easy it is in youth to be lured away by the promise of fun and companionship, I forgive her immediately for not stopping to say hello to me, and instead contentedly sigh, and move my head to run my lips on Glacia’s shoulder in greeting, as she settles in alongside me. Nodding at as she inquires as to whether or not I’d been forced to actually be clean for once, I return her smile.

"Thanks. He insisted it was fine for an outcast to look like a common vagabond, but not a Lord," I chuckle, and awkwardly include a complement in turn (I suck at this), "less kindly, of course. You and Gwyn look beautiful, yourselves."

Too distracted with his music, Duir, for once, doesn’t rebuke my truthful insult, because he doesn’t notice it.

"Has she been good?" I ask after my inquisitive daughter, assuming she had been, but feeling obligated to include what I say next, mostly, "I’m sorry I’ve been so busy with this festival stuff. At least we’ll have some time together tonight, I hope."

call me a safe bet
I'm betting I'm not

Art by VeerDesigns@DA | Table by Me

@Glacia

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
RE: the night is young [MAIN FESTIVAL THREAD] - by Rikyn - 05-25-2017, 09:19 AM