the Rift

[OPEN] the night is young [MAIN FESTIVAL THREAD]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

ЯIKYN

The returned stare of the dragon-mare makes goose bumps rise along my whole body, so I quickly break eye contact; the thought, however, that there was little malevolence in her gaze lingers even after my skin regains a smooth state, and I try to remember to find time to seek her out later on, if I have time. Perhaps at one of the games, I think, distracted by both Glacia, alongside me, and the sullen arrival of my often morose friend, Sikeax.

I look from the champagne unicorn to the mother of my child when she starts talking, wondering what she is to me now. Childhood friend, sure, in a way, but I had done things with her I hadn’t done with the rest of them, and that made her something more; I was loathe to call her my girlfriend though, because it had this terrible, monotonous relationship overtone to it, but that then left with me with cheesy options like “lover,” or “partner.”

Blech.

"You go ahead, I’ll be there shortly," I say with a smile, really meaning it; I have intentions to go to each event tonight, if I can weasel enough time out of the evening, but I also have to make sure the events happen, too, "gotta do another round about, then I’ll be there."

I’m going to go say hi to Sikeax (and maybe point her towards the booze-imbued apples), before picking up a verse or two with Rhodoc, when the lights suddenly go out. Like, all of them, newly risen stars included. My eyes widen and my head pivots about for the source of the magic, wondering if Ampere’s seemingly old woman fears have come true, and Kaos has attacked our party. When the crackling lights burst across the sky, however, my worry subsides into amusement, and even genuine enjoyment.

So, when a voice arrives alongside me, I look over with a smile, expecting some older fellow from my childhood, to find the God of the Spark. It is, needless to say, somewhat startling, but I think I manage to maintain my cool well enough.

"Thanks," I grin, looking out at everyone gathered, "they seem to be having a good time. I guess I am too, really."

I look back to the God.

"I’m glad you came. That was a hell of a light show," I chuckle, "poor Rexanna might pass out tonight, trying to put on a display that might compare to yours just now. Don’t think everyone is as competitive as I am about everything though."

call me a safe bet
I'm betting I'm not

Art by VeerDesigns@DA | Table by Me

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
RE: the night is young [MAIN FESTIVAL THREAD] - by Rikyn - 05-31-2017, 12:08 PM