the Rift

[OPEN] the night is young [MAIN FESTIVAL THREAD]

Mihtal Posts: 26
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 8 years HP: 56.0 | Buff: Novice
Reli
I almost didn’t come to this festival. To say that it’s ‘not in my nature’ would be putting it lightly, perhaps, given the string of isolation and horror in my past. I am not a woman who is wont to ‘let loose’, or even relax, much less travel to a land on the other side of Helovia to join some sort of celebration. Nevertheless, here I find myself (seemingly miraculously), standing within the Aurora Basin’s valley, and surrounded by a crowd of unfamiliar faces.

I find it hard to rest my eyes on any one place for long.
There are so many things going on, and so many people bustling this way and that, I simply try to focus on not being in anyone’s way. Shuffling towards the table of food, I stand just outside the light of the lanterns. Instinctively, I hold my head low, allowing the long length of my hair to fall over the majority of my face, hiding me from prying eyes or overly friendly hosts.

Only when one such individual, whose breath reeks of liquor, comes bubbling in my direction do I move. Scampering like a little mouse beneath the sight of a cat, I dart off in no particular direction—simply away.

I’m too distracted by the fool behind me to notice that the path I have taken is not clear.

Before I’m able to regain control of my throbbing heart, my chest is bumping into someone else, effectively leaving me both breathless and mortified. “I—I’m so sorry,” I stammer to the individual, glancing up just long enough to register the beautiful woman (and noting her flowers, I think of how I should have done something with the dusty strands that fall across my shoulders), before I bow my head, and turn towards my beloved shadows.

notes; Wanders uselessly, and then scuttles away after bumping into @Sikeax (she can either call after Mihtal or not! Either is fine<3)
“Speech.”
Run away—
run away if you can’t speak
Turn a page on a world that you don’t need

image credits
please tag Mihtal in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: the night is young [MAIN FESTIVAL THREAD] - by Mihtal - 06-02-2017, 04:00 AM