the Rift

[OPEN] the night is young [MAIN FESTIVAL THREAD]

Canaan Posts: 18
Aurora Basin Phantom
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 5
Silk
Noise. Light. Merriment. The sounds of joyful socialization attract my attention from the corner of nowhere from which I stand. Not that I'm one to love a social gathering or expect happiness, but curiosity is not something I'm devoid of. I stare out at the brightening lights and see sparks and bright, colorful things in the sky. Perhaps it would be good to see what's going on. I rolled my shoulders back, stretching them to ease the stiffness that occurred from standing there for so long. I picked up an easy trot toward the gathering around the lake, my good eye taking in the scene there as I approached.

It was safe to say I knew almost no one. The crazed mare was recognizable, though her name was still foreign to me. She stood alone, giggling to herself. It seemed suitable, considering the last time I had encountered her in the Threshold. I recognized as well the Lord of the land - Rikyn. The sun's rays warmed my back and everyone that I saw seemed comfortable and at least somewhat happy, if not overjoyed at this... festival. I've never taken part in a festival; I have no idea what they are. No one has told me about them and I have no knowledge of the gods of the land.

(My approach came right after the disappearance of the Time God and so I was unable to witness his glorious display.) I saw many creatures that assaulted my senses. Pegasi and what I was slowly learning were unicorns. Then there were some that didn't perfectly in either category. Flying dragons, pet deer... I stood quietly staring at everyone. This place I'd entered - not just the Basin but the land as a whole - was clearly a fantastical, bewitched place. I was like plankton in this vast world of colorful fish, crustaceans, cephalopods. I could only hope that whales would not swallow me up - oh fuck, there's actually a whale!

A snort of disbelief would alert nearby participants to my appearance, and I stepped forward to watch the assortment of equines and altered-equines. My disbelief at the world before me would fade, but it might take more than 30 seconds. Clearly everyone here was used to this, and found it all to be quite mundane. Perhaps soon it would become mundane to me as well. I glanced at the crazed mare and walked to stand nearby her - but not close enough to chat. I wanted to observe in silence, and see if anyone would approach me.

blah blah blah
the
Aurora Basin
sneak

image | coding
You may use force with Canaan with the exception of permanent maiming or death.
OOC
Thread Tracker
Wish List
DeviantArt

Messages In This Thread
RE: the night is young [MAIN FESTIVAL THREAD] - by Canaan - 06-08-2017, 12:21 PM