the Rift

[OPEN] the night is young [MAIN FESTIVAL THREAD]

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie
& I think to myself

Maude

Making her way up the trails this year alone, Maude is no where near as eager to be here as she had been for her first festival. With Aelfwine in the south, and Maude too busy with her various tasks around the Edge to find time to make it there, she had done her own hair; far less elaborate, it is well groomed and gleaming, flowing now past her chest, despite her youth, and her tail is near to touching her ankles, both curled and rippling. The length of both are bound into loose braids, the early and serious cold this year having disallowed her the leisure of flowers, as the year prior, but she has made due by entwining several vines, still baring green leaves, among the pale strands.

Pretty as she always is, she certainly does not feel so. Even when she makes her way through the archway to the sound of music and the bustle of the sights, her heart does not make the same rampant scream to be let lose among it all, as it had last time. Pausing for a moment to gather her emotions, pretending to smooth her cloak back into place, mostly just to appear less awkward, the filly looks back out on the valley when she thinks she can, puts on a brave face, and ventures on.

The further in she gets, the more and more like being here she feels, however; the sight of the adults chatting and the pretty glow of the lights is enough to make even a sullen, lonesome girl feel better about life. Making her way towards the dance floor to better hear the songs, she wonders if, maybe, she might try to sing one of her own, tonight.

[ OOC: Maude goes to investigate the dance floor momentarily ~ ]

what a wonderful world

Image by Stephan Mignon@Flickr - Code by Me
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: the night is young [MAIN FESTIVAL THREAD] - by Maude - 06-09-2017, 11:13 AM