the Rift

[OPEN] maniac on the floor [FESTIVAL DANCE FLOOR]

Rhodoc Posts: 24
Aurora Basin Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 4 years
felix
By the time Rikyn strolls on over to join me, I'm more than ready. My vocal chords are stretched to perfection and the prior-consumed fermented apples are giving me an impatience I can't deny. It's something I can't help, sober or not: I want to be in the spotlight. And although I'm going to be sharing the stage with a few others, it's no secret that the vocalists get all the babes.

Rikyn's saying something now, so I flick my ears at him and lean in, listening to his suggestion with a partially-drunken smirk. "I don't think you've ever had a better idea," I wink at the lord before facing center stage again, vocals rising up and down in my throat again as I prepare for the selected melody. The mountain song Rikyn taught us is my favorite by far, and opening with it will surely get everyone's attention.

I glance around at the others to see if they're ready, but I mostly look at Duir. As long as there is no drum solo, there's no way he can fuck this up. The whale's beautiful singing can probably compensate for whatever mistakes Duir makes, but for now I have faith in the deer."We're starting with Aurora Basin Mountains, so tune your voices and your--" I look sideways at Duir's wooden instruments. "-- whatevers accordingly."

Because I know Rikyn's a busy dude (and because he's not as itching to belt out lyrics), I go ahead and start things up. Between the whale, Duir, and the rest of the band's playing, we'll be just fine.

"One evening as the sun went down
And the jungle fires were burning,
Down the track came a hobbit hiking,
And he said, "Boys, I'm not turning;
I'm headed for a land that's far away
Inside a ring of mountains
So come with me, we'll go and see
The Aurora Basin Mountains..."

art © sky

@Rikyn sorry about the wait <3
[Image: Rhodoc_pixel1.png]
Please tag me in all posts!
Magic/violence cool whenever.

Messages In This Thread
RE: maniac on the floor [FESTIVAL DANCE FLOOR] - by Rhodoc - 05-23-2017, 11:47 PM