the Rift

good for nothing//OPEN

Idolum Posts: 11
World's Edge Mare
Mare :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 2
Sospes :: Common Zephyr :: Roc .A.
Oh Mother, I can feel the soil fall over my head.
Her ears pricked, watching the man untangle the leathers that tied a sheet of evergreen fabric to him. "You must be terribly cold."  Truthfully, she could feel a chill, but it was something the lady was used to.  Soaring as high as she usually does, a bit of wind chill hardly bothers her.  He must not understand that.  After all, he lacks the tools required to stand among the clouds.  He tossed the cloak towards her, making her respond involuntarily, taking a quick step back and eyeing the thing like a fierce snake.  With a snort, she lowered her head, touching the thing.  It smelled like him, more potent then whatever scent the wind gave her.

Well, put it on Idolum.  

I...I don't know how.

-Sigh- Your worse then an old lady.

Her crown lifted, the weight of Sospes suddenly gone.  The zephyr floated down above the cloak, clasping his sharp talons around it and lifting it over his bonded.  It was heavier then it looked, but he didn't struggle to lay it over Idolum's shoulders.  It settled over her, laying flat across her back and hiding the bulge of her tucked in wings.  Immediately there was a warmth that surrounded her.  She realized that her resistance to cold was just her body becoming numb.  Now that she wore Tilney's cloak, it was almost like her blood pumped faster under her skin.  It was a feeling she hasn't experienced since...that day.  But just like that time, this feeling of warmth will be only temporary, and she will be left again in the cold.

She closed her eyes, tears threatening to pour over her lids.  No, don't think about it.  Forcing her eyes open, she realized that he...Tilney...had turned, his words still lingering in the air.  Panic filled her, but not for the usual reasons.  Quickly she spread her wings, using the strong limbs to propel her forward across the grove.  The momentum lifted the cloak off of her, the thing landing behind her.  Her mind filled with Sospes' sigh, and she sent a thankful glance towards him as he replaced the cloak across her, this time tangling the leather straps around her chest.

He is asking about your stomach, Sos.

I heard him.  I suppose I can wait a while longer.

The zephyr flew above her, darting through the branches and sending shrills ahead to ward off those with less then honorable intentions, while Idolum followed Tilney on the ground.  "He..he said he can wait."  She sent a gaze upwards, watching the blur of inky feathers and ivory stars.

Wait...How did he...

Realizing that she had made no comment on Sospes' insistence of starvation, she again pondered how Tilney knew such things.  Maybe he was watching them?  The thought made her pause, her skin starting to crawl.

Don't be stupid, Idol.  It is obvious that he uses magic to read your thoughts.

Don't call me Idol.

Her heart skipped a beat, a painful tension in her chest making it hard to breath.  

Only Mother calls me that.

She frowned like a child, irritated to be chastised by her bonded.  Although she will admit she did pay more attention when her nickname was used, that doesn't mean she likes it.  She shook her irritation away, forcing herself to stay in the present.  She watched silently for a moment, the stallion leading her away from the little grove.  He spoke about the meadow.  Meadows mean open sky, so she followed willingly, excited to be able to feel the wind again.  "Thank you, Tilney."  Her words were short, and she cringed at how her voice sounded.  In her mind, it was lyrical, poetic.  It is just one more thing to cause her discomfort.

@Tilney || ramble fest

Messages In This Thread
good for nothing//OPEN - by Idolum - 05-09-2017, 12:21 AM
RE: good for nothing//OPEN - by Tilney - 05-09-2017, 04:26 PM
RE: good for nothing//OPEN - by Idolum - 05-10-2017, 11:00 AM
RE: good for nothing//OPEN - by Tilney - 05-10-2017, 02:29 PM
RE: good for nothing//OPEN - by Idolum - 05-10-2017, 03:54 PM
RE: good for nothing//OPEN - by Tilney - 05-10-2017, 07:34 PM
RE: good for nothing//OPEN - by Idolum - 05-10-2017, 08:22 PM
RE: good for nothing//OPEN - by Tilney - 05-11-2017, 01:49 PM
RE: good for nothing//OPEN - by Idolum - 05-12-2017, 10:40 AM
RE: good for nothing//OPEN - by Tilney - 05-12-2017, 02:45 PM