the Rift

[OPEN] The future unveiled [FESTIVAL]

Ingrid Posts: 42
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.0 hh :: 2 (Frostfall) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Reference Credit

Ingrid gulped down some more booze and headed up to the Haruspex Mirror cave. She'd last walked this trail with Rikyn and Akumi on their way to collect water for the Edge's herd quest, but it felt far more foreboding at night.

She was careful to avoid stepping on the lanterns as she walked, and soon found her way up to the cave.
I wonder if it'll be another storytelling booth?" she thought, Uhh, I'm not sure there's a legend of "I can see what your future holds, step on up!" so maybe not.

She thought about turning back. Ingrid had learned at an early age that the term "fortune teller" was just a fancy name for a con artist. They picked the heartbroken and lonely out of a crowd, spouted vague mumbo jumbo that gave their clients just enough false hope to keep them coming back, and then proceeded to rob them of their money. Back in New Rheven, she wouldn't have been caught dead within ten feet of one of those scumbags.

But this wasn't New Rheven, and the stallion in the cave didn't really seem like the sort of slime she was used to. First off, he wasn't taking any sort of payment, so it wasn't like he could do any damage. Secondly, he was a Wise One in the herd of the Time God.

So is it just the alcohol talking, or could he actually be serious?

She shook her head. It was all in good fun, so it didn't matter if the fortunes were real or not. It wasn't likely that she'd remember what he said the next morning anyway. She marched up to the stallion's table, "So, what do you think is in my future?"

@Öde

Messages In This Thread
The future unveiled [FESTIVAL] - by Öde - 05-27-2017, 11:06 PM
RE: The future unveiled [FESTIVAL] - by Ingrid - 05-28-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: The future unveiled [FESTIVAL] - by Amaris - 05-31-2017, 08:02 AM
RE: The future unveiled [FESTIVAL] - by Beloved - 05-31-2017, 11:40 AM
RE: The future unveiled [FESTIVAL] - by Canaan - 06-08-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: The future unveiled [FESTIVAL] - by Maude - 06-09-2017, 11:45 AM