the Rift

oh.

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
Sometimes the best way to deliver bad news is to just rip the band-aid off in as quick a manner as possible, letting the sting come with a flash and a burn, and then fade into a distant memory. It’s obvious that the woman is upset about something, and to be honest, Wessex isn’t the cuddly, comforting sort. Her very body screams ‘Don’t touch me!’ She returns the feeble smile with a quick quirk in the corners of her mouth, but otherwise lets the solemn air stand. False cheer and sincerity grates on her nerves, which is probably why she finds herself clenching her jaws at Astarot’s Miss this and Miss that. Duuuuude. Chill.

At least he plays fair, sharing the conversation, which one of fewer words can appreciate. Wessex is eager to make a good impression on Agnodice, opting for a different strategy. “There’s nothing wrong with being a wanderer. But if you came back to Helovia, it’s probably because your gut told you to.” She pauses, because that didn’t come out quite right. What she means to try and convey is that Helovia is likely far more of a home than the gray and black mare thinks it is. Subonsciously, and all that jazz. “Falls members came to the rest of the herds and seem to be doing ok, though I’m sure it isn’t the same.” Duh. Obviously. Like the frozen, northern tundra is anything like a lush, deciduous, waterfall-filled haven.

God, you’re good, Wessex. Look how pretty ladies turn you into fumbling colt.

After a long stretch of silence, she offers them all an easy out. “If you’d prefer some alone time, we can leave you be.” No need to mourn in public if she doesn’t want to, and besides, Wessex can fully understand the desire to be alone. Why else would she patrol so much?

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Agnodice  
@Astarot  
Awkward Wessex is awkward :|
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
oh. - by Agnodice - 05-31-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: oh. - by Astarot - 05-31-2017, 04:12 AM
RE: oh. - by Wessex - 06-01-2017, 07:50 AM
RE: oh. - by Agnodice - 06-01-2017, 10:16 PM
RE: oh. - by Astarot - 06-02-2017, 02:44 AM