the Rift

[OPEN] Open your ears and eyes [Foal Lesson]

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu
Astarot's call roused Iskra from his nap. Stretching out where he lay in the sand, the colt gave a great yawn, his lower lip flopping comically as he rubbed his head and growing mane in the sand. Sprawled out he laid for a moment, contemplating what exactly Astarot would be teaching, and whether or not healing was the route he ought to explore for his career next year. Already a yearling now he was playing less and less games and trying to find more ways to help the herd, especially with his mom being Sultana he knew how busy she kept and he wanted to pitch in. He figured healing would suit him best given you helped people and he loved that idea, but he wasn't too keen on the other end of the job - seeing everyone in pain constantly.

Matheo seemed set on being a warrior, and he'd watched his friend have some scuffles a few times. He knew his mom would appreciate that path, but if being a healer was hard enough at having to handle all the injuries, Iskra was sure he'd do even worse at inflicting them. Still, he supposed one way or another he ought to try them all, or else how would he ever really know? Besides knowing some of everything was probably useful - though that was reasonable to say or think but quite another task to actually accomplish.

"Laying about certainly won't help," he murmured to himself as he finally stood up. After a good stretch and a shake he trotted towards their Sun Physician, ears perking up as he spied two new foals he hadn't encountered before. Always happy to meet new faces, he was nonetheless disappointed that his sister Tae wasn't around to also demonstrate, and that none of his other foal friends had shown up (yet) - granted Arakh was older and already picked a job, but Matheo and Melita and Vastra had to be nearby!

"Hello!" he greeted them cheerfully, slowing to a standstill and a smile as he joined the group. "You guys are new aren't you? I'm Iskra!" As his wings tucked at his sides, small sparks with origins of flame and lightning fell like distrubed dust from beneath the feathers. Iskra's gaze traveled towards their apparent abilities, his grin widening. "Whoa that's neat! You've got plants all over you," he laughed, "bet you'll never go hungry."

"And you've got lava," his eyes widened, impressed. "Is it hot, does it hurt?"

Remembering himself Iskra quieted and turned his gaze to Astarot. "What're we gonna lear-" Iskra cut off when he noticed the blood on the healer's leg, his stomach churning.
Iskra
Not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts
Just something I can turn to
Somebody I can miss

image | coding

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open your ears and eyes [Foal Lesson] - by Iskra - 06-05-2017, 10:24 PM