the Rift

[PRIVATE] colour us impressed

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Although her pregnancy had been far from easy, all of that seemed to fall away now that Zoeya was in the world. Her body might all but reject the idea of housing a new life, but motherhood came naturally to Alysanne. And, she hoped, now that she was older she would be wiser. This child, this gorgeous little foal, this one just had to go smoother than her first two, right? Even though things had eventually been mended between them, she never wished to revisit the pain of disappointing or even angering one of her children ever again. Even nursing beautiful little Sarai alongside her own daughter just felt right.

She felt refreshed - her mind clearer without the sludge of hormones - and it was time to get back to business.

In the early stretch of the afternoon, Alysanne moved through the trees until she found Lyanna - greeting her dear friend warmly - before they set off on their quest. Hemlock was off as well, searching the woods of the Edge for the gold and cream dragonmare named Amaris. He was far from happy about this mission - and made sure that Alysanne knew it from the grumbling that passed through their bond - but so long as he didn’t get too close to the dragon, everything would be okay.

As they searched, or waited for Hemlock to lead Amaris towards them, Alysanne glanced over at Lyanna with a warm smile. “Sometimes I’m amazed we cross paths with anyone - we could wander the Edge for days and not see anyone else if our timing isn’t right.” She adored the large stretches of forest that composed her home - as familiar as they were to her after the last five years, she was still discovering new pockets here and there.

alysanne

the devoted

@Lyanna and @Amaris. You can PP Hemlock finding Amaris if you'd like <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The size of the Edge, and the fact that one could wander through it for days and not see another soul suited Amaris. She was a mare who enjoyed her own company, or that of only her companion, for a lot of the time. The exception to this was her cousin, whom she always longed to see more of but inevitably rarely got to spend a leisurely afternoon with.

The dragonmare and her dragon kept mostly to a quiet grove within the Edge, a cluster of trees and rocks, sheltered from prying eyes and accessible most easily upon wings. It was a spot her parents had 'nested', a spot she cherished in her memories, and that she was grateful had not been occupied by another over the passage of time.

Owl, came the dry observation from Dramyrth, who yawned broadly as he saw the avian fly past. But Hemlock did not just fly past; he hesitated, lingered, until Amaris shifted her attention to him with a curious, questioning gaze. A small frown creased her 'brow, as she very clearly recalled the owls distaste for dragons - the only other time he had ever come near either Dramyrth or Amaris, Alysanne had been in the throes of a difficult birth.

Has something happened? she questioned immediately, and spread her wings to prepare to rise and follow the owl to wherever it was she was needed.

Not that I'll be much help, she thought with a note of annoyance, unless they need something roasted or sliced, I'm about as useful as a thorn in one's side.

Not true, huffed Dramyrth in rebuttal, quietly, as he followed his beloved and the owl to where the queens wandered. Amaris landed some strides away and, upon seeing there was no immediately danger or urgency, settled her wings back down and shook her mane a bit before approaching.

"My ladies," she greeted warmly, nodding to them with a smile upon her lips, though a tone of concern still coloured her actions. "I hope there is nothing untoward going on? I know of Hemlock's distaste for dragons, is all, I know he would not summon me unless it was important..?"

Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Alysanne @Lyanna
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
Lyanna was glad to see the new life in the Edge. It still felt wrong to Lyanna that she was so useless at their birth’s though, that she had no magic to help should something go wrong. Not that magic could solve everything, but having it there had always been a comfort, a help. Now though, she was left to rely on herbs, and she had no means to carry collections around with her. She’d have to figure out a way to get a bag made so she could keep some things handy. Perhaps too, somewhere in the middle of being Queen, she could find two more with healing magic of their own. She wanted to complete her quest, but finding those horses was like finding a needle in a haystack.

It’s still early in the day when Alysanne finds her. They have an important task today, though while they are walking, Lyanna figures it’ll be a good time for catchup. She greets her friend with a warm smile, laughing slightly as Aly’s words. “I do love the privacy the forest affords, but sometimes it’s inconvenient.” Unlike Aly or many of the others in the Edge, Lyanna does not have a second pair of to help her find anyone. “Before we find Amaris though, I have news.” Not that she cared if Amaris heard the news. After all, the dragonmare had been there at the time, but rather, she just didn’t want to deter from their purpose in finding the mare in the first place.

“Yael was able to translate Kaos’ altar. The words and phrases translated to Peace, Power, Forever, and Kaos will Save.” She trails off at that, the words lingering between them. She wants to ask her friend how Zoeya is, wants to gush over the beautiful girl and giggle as they walk through the cool but beautiful Orangemoon afternoon. Instead though, she must talk of Kaos, must worry about an entire herd, must be a Queen.

Soon though, Amaris finds them with the aid of Hemlock, and Lyanna turns her attention to the dragonmare, trying not to wince at the “my ladies.” She had to get used to that, had to get used to being slightly separate, no matter how much she didn’t want to be. There was some value in it, despite how much she chafed against the title and its variations. “It is important,” Lyanna says, a playful grin spreading on her face, giving Aly a knowing glance, having a little fun with it all, “but not untoward. You were impressive, to say the least, during Zoeya’s birth. So much so I felt rather useless. We were rather hoping to talk to you about this seemingly hidden talent you have.” Her words grow more serious as she talks, because this was important. They needed a healer, a Amaris appeared to have an aptitude for it, even if it wasn’t her chosen path. Lyanna nods slightly at Aly, leaving her counterpart to continue.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Alysanne

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne’s attention focused on her friend when Lyanna mentioned that she had news - her green eyes turning away from the forest around them and towards her. A frown clouded her expression when she explained that Yael had translated the symbols on Kaos’ altar - and they weren’t what she would have expected. Despite Isopia’s news that the Goddess wanted them to all keep an open mind, she was having trouble believing that Kaos was bringing peace. “Well that’s… interesting.” Her voice was distant and troubled as she rolled the translation over in her mind.

Later, if they had time, she would like to discuss the matter in detail - but for now she was thankful for the distraction that Hemlock and Amaris’ appearance provided.

Alysanne couldn’t help but chuckle lightly at Amaris’ remarks about Hemlock’s distaste for dragons - and the little owl huffed in agreement where he perched on a branch nearby. He disliked dragons greatly but Amaris wasn’t just a dragon - and anyone who helped out his bonded was officially in his good graces. “He’s grown fond of you though, there is no doubt about that.” Alysanne spoke quietly to clarify, after Lyanna had answered and explained that nothing was amiss.

And then it was down to business. “We think you have great promise as a healer, Amaris, and we were hoping you’d be interested in taking the vacant Moon Doctor position. I know your studies have been in the Philosopher ranks, and if you wish you can certainly remain there, but there aren’t many that are naturally suited for healing. I’ll forever be thankful for your help when I needed it during my daughter’s birth - you were calm when I wasn’t, and wouldn’t let me argue when it was going to cause more damage. That is exactly what we need in our doctors.”

alysanne

the devoted

coding by Kyra | image by memuii

@Amaris
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Amaris looked between the mares, trying to discern their expressions, their poker faces, their bluffs. Was it some kind of joke? Was she being reprimanded for breaking a rule she did not know of? Was she being summoned here, to a private meeting with the queens of her home only to be asked to leave it?

Anxiety played the questions on repeat in her mind, a dull thrum, a bland and numbing recording. You've done something horrendously wrong; you've brought shame to the herd; you're a disgrace, a monster; you must leave… Dramyrth, alarmed by this, dropped immediately to her withers and began playing with her mane in his dextrous clawed paws. The movement, his presence, both physical and upon her very soul, soothed her, settled her unshackled thoughts, brought her back to the present.

Lyanna spoke first, toying with the dragonmare's emotions once more, though once she belatedly realises the jest, she relaxed again. Though Amaris was slightly confused by the mention of a hidden talent, she softened slightly, nodding as if to indicate her readiness for more information to be divulged to her from Alysanne as Lyanna shifted the responsibility of further words to the painted queen.

"It is an honour to earn his esteem," Amaris commented softly about Hemlock and his apparent 'fondness' for her, genuinely pleased by this more than anything else. To earn the owl's regard was something she honestly treasured, for being half dragon herself, she always thought it would mean he might avoid her, and that in turn might lead Alysanne to avoid her - she was well aware of the influences that bondmates could have on their counterparts' feelings.

As she listened raptly to the rest of their plans, their requests, she went through a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions.

Surprise, that they might consider her suitable for a ranked position, was her initial response. Confusion, as she tried to understand their logic, to discern their way of thinking that let them to believe this to be a suitable resolution. Fear, for what if she accepted this, and made a mockery of herself, of the healers? What if she was unwelcomed by her rankmates, shunned, turned away, for being a lowly philosopher then seemingly promoted to a position above them?

Healer, she thought curiously, tasting the word, repeating it to herself. She had held a rank before, she had risen to the next tier of command before, and the responsibility had scared her at the time - but that was many years ago now, in a past life where the Throat was her home. Amaris was a different mare now, a fully grown adult, with a bondmate, with magic, with more of an idea of a purpose than before - could that purpose now be put into focussing on healing?

"I…" she began, before shaking her head lightly as if to resettle the tumultuous thoughts within. "Thank you," she finally managed, and with a smile upon her maw, she found her words. "I want nothing more than to help our herd, to ensure it remains strong and wealthy. I appreciate you asking this of me, and I want to accept, only.."

She couldn't deny her fear of knowing the others in this rank class by face value only, and the idea of being thrust into the middle of them holding a rank magic and authority they did not unsettled her.

"I need lessons, a great many of them, no doubt. I need to know who it is I might be sharing this rank class with, and whether they will support my joining their ranks or resent it. I know the shift in ranks not so long ago took two healers to other areas-" she paused, with a kind, knowing smile to Lyanna, "- and I'd be lying if I didn't admit I thought it unsettling to have so many in the Wise one ranks." She had raised it with Isopia, but the conversation was lost on the mists, a midnight discussion that was more a fleeting idea, a lost comment, than anything else.
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Alysanne @Lyanna
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
Change never brought peace, and if nothing else, Kaos was brought change. No, Kaos was change incarnate, an alternative to the status quo of Helovia. Whatever his plans, it certainly would not begin with peace, a fact that’s already been demonstrated. The Edge lost Nyx in that first battle, and though Lyanna had never known the woman, that didn’t mean she was unaware of the Edge’s lost. Kaos had warned them though, hadn’t hurt those that didn’t try to fight. Her mind and heart both are torn, uncertain that Kaos is bad, curious what plans he has though she feels like that thought alone must be sacrilege. Their own Goddess had told them to use their heads and not their hearts, and if she used her head, she did not find herself against or for Kaos. She simply didn’t know enough to make that judgment.

Alysanne’s reply is brief, giving Lyanna little indication of what the other Queen thinks, though the tone of her voice implies more. If Lyanna knows her friend at all, she doubts the other mare is quite as forgiving as Lyanna on this topic, which seemed like a much better stance for a Queen of a herd. In the end, Lyanna’s only choice would be to protect the herd, whatever that meant. She can only hope that choice is easy, but she knows how unlikely that is. Choices are never easy.

Lyanna listens as the other mare’s speak, watching Amaris’ reaction. Part of Lyanna doesn’t want to ask her to follow a path that is not the one set by her heart, but Alysanne has offered that she can stay in both if she wishes. That, at least, is something. In a perfect world, they would have enough healers and warriors that having a herd full of philosophers would be acceptable, but even Amaris knows that in the real world, this fact is unsettling. There is value in history and stories, without a doubt, but they needed healers. A history lesson cannot save a life once the damage has already been done.

“Lessons we can do. That is easy, and I think you might find you need less than you expect.” she says warmly to Amaris, nodding between herself and Alysanne. After all, they had both served as Moon Doctor previously, and Lyanna rather recently. They could impart knowledge of herbs, of how it felt to call on the magic, though no one had taught Lyanna that part either. The magic was something you could figure out easily enough. “As for the ranks you will be joining, they are woefully empty. A young nurse is the only one I’ve seen around lately. I don’t see a reason why anyone would bedruge you the rank.”

Tilney was gone, and she’d seen little of Sacre. Kaida had been at the birth of Raeden’s children, and the girl was capable but young, and perhaps not overly motivated. Amaris was active, calm, and in control. She was everything a Moon Doctor ought to be. Lyanna stops there, letting Aly fill in the other gaps, hoping it would be enough to convince Amaris that she’s more than qualified to sit the roll of Moon Doctor.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Alysanne

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki