the Rift

[PRIVATE] holy ground

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Isopia nods her head in willing agreement, but says nothing in response to his mutters of surprise or acknowledgement of the logic of what she says. If she wasn't so fond of Volterra, she might say that they could fill a book or an entire cave with the contents of what he didn't know. But she loved him, in her own way, and easily forgave his transgressions. Her two children were evidence of that, surely.

"Does it?" Isopia asks, her normally placid voice sounding mildly surprised. She thinks back to her recent argument with Otem and how unimpressed her daughter was with Isopia's way of dealing with her. It hadn't bothered the demi-goddess at the time, but nor would she be nominating herself for any parenting awards any time soon. "You're the expert, not me." Isopia replies before she can properly think about what she's saying. And as soon as the words at out, Isopia mentally bites her tongue not wanting to open that particular can of worms just now. "Neither of my parents were around much, as you know." She quickly adds, trying to mask the potential sting of her words.

"Already Otem and Vulkan seem quite clever in their own ways. I think they'll take more after me than you in that regard." A small smile parts Isopia's lips and she lightly flutters a wing towards Volterra's side in jest.

All of this feels easy and comfortable once more. Although now the two are uncontroversially more than just friends the way that they once were, the solidity upon which their new relationship has been built seems far sturdier than anything which had come before. Though perhaps Isopia is merely romanticizing the notion. After all, Volterra is just as promiscuous as ever he was. But still, in Isopia's mind for the time being, all is well.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
holy ground - by Volterra - 06-05-2017, 03:51 PM
RE: holy ground - by Isopia - 06-06-2017, 10:17 AM
RE: holy ground - by Volterra - 06-06-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: holy ground - by Isopia - 06-06-2017, 02:30 PM
RE: holy ground - by Volterra - 06-08-2017, 01:44 PM