the Rift

[PRIVATE] family tree

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
isopia

"I don't know what you mean by like us." Isopia muses, being particularly linguistically concise with her son, if only because she knew he was up to the challenge. "There are no equine creatures beneath the earth, although your grandfather the God of the Earth often likes to allow his body to erupt from the soil.. If you mean creatures with minds and goals and bodies, then yes, there are millions of them down below."

If her son was more upfront the way her daughter was, Isopia might have cleared him of his worry that Isopia would view him odd if she judged him a sociopath. She was one after all. So instead of reassuring him, she merely nodded as he said that he wasn't bothered by the birds, and that it was the change in his schedule which caused his magical unease. "I see. I do not like unexpected diversions from my routine either."

Falling silent, Isopia listens to his eager philosophical musings on the subject of death. "We being the type of creatures that we are have minds capable of poorly understanding ethics and souls that often wrongly think they can act as a moral compass. It is important to remember that what we run towards or shrink away from in no way can act as an infallible indication of what is in fact good or bad, right or wrong."

As he asks her opinion on the subject, Isopia immediately shakes her head. "I think applying badness to death is simply the wrong sort of terminology. You wouldn't say of colour that it is bad. It's a misuse. Similarly saying that death in and of itself can possess the property badness is mistaken. A type of death might be bad, one which is unnecessarily painful perhaps...but no. I do not think it is."

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
family tree - by Vulkán - 06-05-2017, 05:24 PM
RE: family tree - by Isopia - 06-06-2017, 10:24 AM
RE: family tree - by Vulkán - 06-06-2017, 03:02 PM
RE: family tree - by Isopia - 06-06-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: family tree - by Vulkán - 06-06-2017, 03:40 PM
RE: family tree - by Isopia - 06-06-2017, 03:53 PM
RE: family tree - by Vulkán - 06-08-2017, 02:41 PM