the Rift

[OPEN] What is HOME

Canaan Posts: 18
Aurora Basin Phantom
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 5
Silk
It isn't long at all before I am quickly greeted by a dark-hued stallion. He and a deer of some sort appear from the trees surrounding me, their hooves cloven and whole sending small amounts of dirt and snow into the air as they bounce to a halt. I lift my head in return greeting as the ebony and gold stallion utters his hello. I keep my attention on the stallion as he introduces himself as Lord Rikyn. Apparently the alpha stallion around here in the Basin. He introduces the deer as Duir - his companion. So this stallion with a horn upon his head as well - and I think I will refrain from calling him a rhino - called this deer his companion. I stare at it for a moment, not noticing the evaluating look that Rikyn is giving me.

Of course my appearance means nothing and I forget that some put appearances so high on their priority list. Vain, self-absorbed creatures, if you ask me. But then everyone has to have their flaws and I certainly have my own. Rikyn asks how I got here, if I came with anyone. I realize that perhaps he is not used to having visitors enter on their own, and I am about to explain my presence when someone else appears. I turn my gaze upon her, and stare stoically - though my mind is racing. After all, not only does this grey mare have a horn upon her face, she is decorated by many horns. One upon her muzzle, several laterally from her skull, and yet more on her tail which is more like a lion's than a horse's.

Well. Okay then. I guess everything is possible.

It's now that I make a conscious decision to accept that in this land everything is possible, and I should stop being surprised by the strange creatures that I meet. She introduces herself as Wessex. A strange for a woman, it seems more like a male name, a warrior's name. But then she appears as a warrior, the fierce appearance she presents. Who am I to judge? No one. I clear my throat to answer her question, and that of the lord. I am Canaan. I was greeted in that.. threshold.. by Noah, and Nora. I separated from them on the journey here, but found my way. The most I've spoken in ages, and I wonder if that will satisfy their curiosity. Will they tell me more about the Basin without my asking, or should I summon more words from the vault?

the
Aurora Basin
sneak

image | coding

@Rikyn @Wessex
You may use force with Canaan with the exception of permanent maiming or death.
OOC
Thread Tracker
Wish List
DeviantArt

Messages In This Thread
What is HOME - by Canaan - 06-07-2017, 08:06 PM
RE: What is HOME - by Rikyn - 06-08-2017, 09:19 AM
RE: What is HOME - by Wessex - 06-08-2017, 05:32 PM
RE: What is HOME - by Canaan - 06-09-2017, 02:35 PM
RE: What is HOME - by Rikyn - 06-10-2017, 01:32 PM
RE: What is HOME - by Wessex - 06-12-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: What is HOME - by Canaan - 06-12-2017, 07:49 PM