the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Dissolving mist

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

V E S P E R
"Because even the stars they burn, some even fall to the earth"

I had practically confined myself to the shadows for the remainder of Tallsun and nearly all of Orangemoon.  The Edge was one of the few places that I felt a modicum of safety - here under the protection of the Moon.  After speaking with her in the veins, feeling her embrace, I finally felt that maybe Kaos wasn’t something that I needed to concern myself with.  After all, Grandmama did say that the Gods had the situation well under control.  

It didn’t assuage all my worry, but it certainly helped. Until tonight. Until the Moon’s furious whisper ripped through the still night air - instantly recognizable and sending a chill to the very pit of my stomach.

Something was wrong.

”Grandmama?” I murmured under my breath, ears pricked in a desperate attempt to locate a direction from which the sound emanated, but knowing that the sound likely came from everywhere and nowhere all at once.  But that didn’t stop me from tearing off in pursuit, spindly legs carrying me haphazardly over treacherous terrain.

“Grandmother Moon, please don’t leave us!” I shouted, chasing desperately after nothing because I knew that she was already gone. The sounds of the others didn’t even register in my ears because the cresting wave of panic was already threatening to pull me under the surface.  I ran a few more steps, carelessly, not taking any care to place my feet carefully in the starry night before finally breaking my stride and slowing to a halt - my sides heaving and my head dropping in defeat.

“Don’t leave me,” I managed, pitifully, in nothing more than a whisper.  Everly, who had finally caught up, did her best to provide some sense of comfort but knew that it was useless at this point.  I stood, paralyzed, my mind pouring over what this could mean and what I should do.  And then in a moment it came to me, and in a swirling mess of wings and stars I leapt into the skies - dark wings carrying as quickly as I could south towards the shrines.

Image by oddmountain

sorry she's a lil dramatic. just here to be angsty and peace out to be angsty elsewhere.

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
Dissolving mist - by Random Event - 06-22-2017, 12:08 PM
RE: Dissolving mist - by Yael - 06-23-2017, 03:06 PM
RE: Dissolving mist - by Amaris - 06-23-2017, 10:02 PM
RE: Dissolving mist - by Ingrid - 06-24-2017, 05:35 PM
RE: Dissolving mist - by Vesper - 06-24-2017, 07:11 PM
RE: Dissolving mist - by Yael - 06-30-2017, 03:11 PM
RE: Dissolving mist - by Brendan - 06-30-2017, 08:20 PM
RE: Dissolving mist - by Lyanna - 07-02-2017, 01:29 PM
RE: Dissolving mist - by Thranduil - 07-04-2017, 05:59 PM